About SB calibration and projections

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
janu

About SB calibration and projections

Post by janu » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi Luis and people

This is my first posting at the forum. My experience in FS sceneries design is little, but some works for non commercial pourposses are succesfully accepted by the FS players.

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web ... slides.htm

Recently I installed SBuilder 2.05 and my first impression is very good. Congratulations and thanks, Luis. My first objectif is for obtaining a photorealistic scenery of the basque coast at Spain and France. About 30 x 15 Km. for the first step. And my question is about the calibration process:

If I work with resampling tool of SDK, the source (satellital photo) is UTM 50, format geotiff file. I reproject this source with GDAL obtaining an WGS84 BMP24, add Alpha channel, save as TGA and resample. It works, but after two resampling (the first internal on gdal) the image is a low qualitie image. (All this is not keeping on mind the 4,8 m. question, only the effect of double reprojection).

Your SBuilder's map calibration ¿requires WGS84 in the BMP map? ¿Supposes the previous reprojection of the UTM source to WGS84?

Thanks for your helping and sorry for my poor english

janu

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:29 am

Hi,

Reprojection is one thing. Resampling is another. SBuilder can reproject images from UTM to Geographic WGS84 (Geographic Tools) but you have already done that. When you use SBuilder to make photo scenery you need a source image in Geographic WGS84. SBuilder does the resample internally but the final rsult should be similar to the one you get.

Kind Regards, Luis

janu

Post by janu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:24 pm

Thanks, Luis. Your SB accepts WGS84 projected maps. OK.
Best regards
janu