FSX and SBuilder 205rev6

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
hefy_jefy

FSX and SBuilder 205rev6

Post by hefy_jefy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:13 am

I hope this is not a dumb question.

I have the new FSX version of SBuilder and its great but it does not place objects. The older version 205 rev6 works fine with FSX and places objects but I can't get the aircraft position to show up, I have FSUIPC ver4 installed do I need to get an FSIUPC license for this to work?

Thanks,
Geoff

José

Post by José » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:35 am

Hi, Hefy Jefy

It's a compatibility issue with FSUIPC.

The FSUIPC for FSX is not compatible with FS9 nor with SBuilder V2.05 because that tool was created for FS9 and so it communicates with FSim throuth the old FSUIPC (version 3.47).

You can get your aircraft position in FSX only with the new FSUIPC version that, by its turn, its not compatible with SB v2.05.

You should wait that function to be implemented in SBX.

I think Luis is working on that and so many others issues.

Regards,

José

J.F.Lôbo

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:03 pm

Hello,

Please download a patch found here:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=886

Regards, Luis

hefy_jefy

Post by hefy_jefy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:27 am

All,

Many thanks it works fine with the patched version of Sbuilder, BTW I still have FS9 installed, although not for much longer. I am an FSX convert...

Special thanks to Luis - great job! The Sbuilder for FSX is a breeze the background image capability is very cool. When I think back to the piles of paper scraps and head-scratching that used to be necessary just to figure out where exactly we were in FS world...

Geoff