Converted Airport to FSX - Exclusion Polygon

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
gsnde

Converted Airport to FSX - Exclusion Polygon

Post by gsnde » Tue May 22, 2007 2:44 pm

I have converted the AFCAD of my airport to FSX and this is working fine. As well the bgls I did with the old SBuilder version for FS9 are working perfect (the flatten polygon, the lake polygon and the grassy ground polygon).

The only one I have a problem with is the exclude polygon. Everything is excluded with the exception of some roads (like the one in the screen shot at the left bottom - never mind the bleeding through at the top, this has been fixed by now).

If I just don't exclude the right layer, can anyone please tell me the correct layer number.

Or the FS9 exclusion specifically for roads doesn't work anymore, while other exclusions still do. If so, what other way can I get rid of the roads?

Thanks for your help,
Martin

José

Post by José » Tue May 22, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi,

Try using the guid for exclude: "all terrain items".

It works on roads excluding.

Regards,

José

J.F.Lôbo

gsnde

Post by gsnde » Tue May 22, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks, Jose. Can you point me to where I can find this guide, please ?

José

Post by José » Tue May 22, 2007 7:59 pm

Hi, Martin

I'm supposing you are using Sbuider for FSX to create your polygons, ok?

Those polygons can be of many types (their properties).

After drawing the polygon you should set its altitude and choose the property from a list (properties option).

To exclude all terrain use the 4th line option (exclude_all_terrain)items).

Please, give me feedback if I was not enough clear.

Otherwise, send me your afcad and I will try to create the exclusion polygon for you.

Regards,

José

J.F.Lôbo

gsnde

Post by gsnde » Tue May 22, 2007 8:37 pm

That is very nice of you, Jose.

I myself was probably not clear when describing my problem. I don't use Sbuilder in the FSX version. I had a look at it, and then decided to try to use the files I have created with SBuilder for FS9.

They run without problem in FSX, with the exception that the rodas don't get excluded.

In the new Sbuilder version: is it possible to just fire it up, start a new project, connect to FSX via FSUIPC and draw a poly using the aircraft cross? I am asking because from a very short look I had into the new version it looked like you have to work with image files, something I don't like to do because my airport is fictional and there is no reference of it be found as a picture.

Thank you for your help,
Martin

gsnde

Post by gsnde » Tue May 22, 2007 9:08 pm

Jose,

I just tried with the new SBuilder FSX and it works perfectly. Thank you for pointing me into the right direction.

Cheers,
Martin