Lake Banks not showing

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
JoeW

Lake Banks not showing

Post by JoeW » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:17 pm

I'm trying to do some lakes and they show fine. But I cannot get the banks to show. The lakes i'm using is the "hydro_generic_lake_perenial" and the banks are "Lake Bank Perenial". I did a exclude with XSbuilderto remove the background at this airport and have a new background of airport 1. The sequence was in this order, the exclude, the background, the lake, then the banks. Oh.. I drew the banks clockwise.
What am I doing wrong?
Joe W.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:18 pm

You are probably not doing anything wrong, Joe. If you are using the generic FS X shorelines, then they are not very wide, and perhaps that is why you do not see them very well.

You can try using the FS 9 shorelines if you have installed the modified terrain.cfg file that Dick Ludowise and I put together. I made those shorelines wider and they should be more visible.

Best regards.

Luis

JoeW

Post by JoeW » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:08 pm

They show in the TMFViewer but not in the sim. What are the names of those in the mod that you did. I installed that but ... it may have gotten overwritten buy the update.
EDIT:
I have coastal shorelines but they are small. What was the name of that zip of the mods for the coastlines> I have it, but can't find it.
Thanks
Joe W.

JoeW

Post by JoeW » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:48 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">citação:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Mensagem original de JoeW</i>
<br />They show in the TMFViewer but not in the sim. What are the names of those in the mod that you did. I installed that but ... it may have gotten overwritten buy the update.
EDIT:
I have coastal shorelines but they are small. What was the name of that zip of the mods for the coastlines> I have it, but can't find it.

Efit #2
I got some to show but they are narrow. The "Shorelines_Default" and the "Lake_Shorelines_generic" both show. I'll put the Terrain.cfg mod back in and see.
Thanks
Joe W.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">