SBuilder Texture questions

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
AlexBap

SBuilder Texture questions

Post by AlexBap » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:59 pm

Hi!
I'm new to MSFS, although a long combat flying simmer [:)]
First and because its my first topic I'd like to congrat Luis Sá and all that gave their contribute for this excelent program. As a Portuguese It makes me proud.
Because I'm a profissional 3D designer, scenery buildind is FSX was a natural step to me and this program and a few tutorials made this possible.

I'm just beginning and I have already a few questions.

1-Is it possible to rotate landclass textures, not on every polys but just in ones I want?

2-Can I change texture position ina poly? For exemple, I wold like to use a small part of a texture to display on a small poly, but instead is the center os the texture that is displaying. Can I movve it along poly. Like UVWmap on 3DMax?

3-Can I display FSX mesh in SBuilder. It's really hard to sinc textures with mesh specially on hard slopes like (falesia da Caparica [;)] )?

4-Can I display textures in SBuilder, or at least is it any LandClass texture catalogue online?

I have a lot more questions but for now these are my main doubts.

Thanks!
Alexandre Baptista

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:22 pm

Bem vindo Alexandre,

Here are some answers:

1 - no; the next release of SBX has the possibility of placing ground textured polygons (not vector polygons, though) and you can adjust texture tie points at your wish

2 - I am not familiar with 3DMax but you should take in consideration that SBX is basically a graphical user interface for vector terrain. SBX will have a facilty to place objects (next release) but never it has object modelling in mind.

3 - SBuilder for FS2004 had that facilty which allowed me to correct the rivers to go along the valleys; at present I do not intend to create a mesh tool as before; the only thing that I am thinking on is to provide the value of the FS aircraft altitude in the SBX status bar. That could help.

4 - the landclass textures that are available appear in the Poly
Properties page. They are fixed.

Kind Regards,

Luis