Export/Import Problem

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Larry

Export/Import Problem

Post by Larry » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi All,

I just bought a new computer and would like to salvage my old project files. I make the sbx file in the old computer, copy the map and sbx file to the new computer, and when I try to import the sbx file I get an error message saying the sbx is not a valid SBuilder file. All folders have the same names and locations in the new computer that were in the old computer. What am I missing here? I can simply open the original sbp file and get everything but the map. Can anyone help me recover the map?

Thanks,

Larry

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:56 pm

Hello,

Are you referring to SBuilder for FS2004? In any case I suggest that you check the "decimal separator" in your Windows regional settings. It should be a point! not a comma!

Also I suggest that you copy the old INI file to the new folder where you installed SBuilder.

I will be hearing you ... Regards, Luis

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:24 am

Hi Luis,

This is ver 2.05 revision 3. I replaced the ini file with the original and now when I attempt to import the sbx file I get a message "Can't find map". The map bmp is in the same folder with the sbx, the sbp and the text file which is where they were in the old computer. I am in the USA - the decimal seperator is a point. Can you suggest anything else to try?

Thanks,

Larry

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:40 am

Hello again Luis,

I just now found the problem. My original folder was named S Builder and in the new computer I named it SBuilder. What a difference a space can make!

Thank you very much, for your reply. I will soon be ready to try SBuilder for FSX, but not just yet.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:41 am

Hi Larry,

Could you open and read the SBX TEXT file? It can reveal the cause of the problem. There you will find the locations of the maps and all the rest.

Luis

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:43 am

[:)]

We post at the same time! I am happy that you are on your way again!

Regards,

Luis