How do I get rid of the default airport?

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
paulganter

How do I get rid of the default airport?

Post by paulganter » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:22 pm

I have replaced a default airport ( because it was incorrect ) with a new upgraded airport, into a different location in FSX.
I have two questions:
1. Using SBuilder I have used exclude all_airport_boundaries set to the default altitude and it has removed 2 of the runways and left the 3rd behind. It places the runway on top of a hill. If I do not exclude all_airport_boundaries ( just leave the airport there ), I still have that single annoying runway, but this time without the little hillside.
What am I doing wrong?
2. When choosing a runway to take off from ( in FSX ) the drop down box for this new airport has, besides the new runways, an additional runway from the default airport ( the same one I can't get rid of ).
In other words I now have runway 10, runway 10L, 10R, 28, 28L & 28R. How can I delete this runway 10?

Paul

meshman

Post by meshman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:05 pm

Which program did you use to create the new airport? I believe the available ones for FSX include the ability to insert the necessary Delete commands that apply to removing the default airport data.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:57 pm

SBuilder does not exclude airports.

This version of SBuilder only modifies terrain elements, that is to say, among other things, the grass skirting (airport bounds) underlying the airport. By drawing an exclusion polygon, this can be removed, and another new one can be drawn to replace it. This is not the runway.

To remove runways, taxiways, aprons, parking spots, and to create new ones, please see the BGLComp documentation.

Best regards.

Luis

paulganter

Post by paulganter » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:14 pm

I have used a combination of FSXPlanner & SDETestApplication. I will look at the documentation - thanks

Paul

meshman

Post by meshman » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:27 am

FSXPlanner will accomplish what you're after and I can be found over at the forum at FSDeveloper.

paulganter

Post by paulganter » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:57 am

This is my solution and it works.
I used SBuiler to exclude_all_airport_boundaries poly set to the default airport altitude, then drew a landclass poly over that at a 0 altitude.
Using SDE, I added the delete airport function using only the delete runways and delete starts flags, as they were my problem. I have kept the default comms as they are correct.
This not only hides the default airport completely, it also removes the unwanted runway numbers from the default airport, in the fsx "choose runway/starting position" drop down box.
For this to work, you must have your new airport bgl's, with all the runways etc.in the addon scenery-scenery file in fsx, to overide the default airport.
The bgl documentation does'nt really help with beginners like me.

Now I can really start to enhance the area I'm working on.

best regards

Paul

[:)]