Autogen upon Photoscenery

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Anderl

Autogen upon Photoscenery

Post by Anderl » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:20 pm

Hi there,

is there a way to create a default autogen landclass upon a photoscenery? I´ve built a VTP2-Poly with "classes 003-coniferous forest", but it won´t show up with several layer-settings.

The idea is to have a large forest as an important landmark to a new airport. I´ve just placed some object-trees, but it is exhausting to build a forest out of single trees, and it doesn´t look smart either.

I´d be grateful for any ideas
Andreas

theambler

Post by theambler » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:55 pm

You need to use the Autogen Annotator -- from FSX SDK.
You basically load some Autogen Descriptions, choose something to add to the photoscenery -- ie forests, houses etc. Then you create polygons on the photo and save the file.
This creates an .agn file which needs to go in the Textures folder that sits alongside the scenery folder.
There are some instructions somewhere on this site.

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:43 am

Hi Anderl,

btw your nick sounds like you live somewhere around in Bavaria [8D]

Since you didn't mention your FS Version (I use FS9 so the FSX tools seem to make no sense for me) it might also help you to try AGenT for the anotation of autogen. It's free within the UKVFR pack (http://vfraddons.co.uk/ukautogen_view.php), which is anyway considerable for itself. I'm more or less a beginner in SC design, but I was impressed about AGenTs features and the easy way of handling.

Good luck and regards
Mick