What is assembled texture?

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
MarkkuS

What is assembled texture?

Post by MarkkuS » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:56 pm

Hi!
What is an assembled texture? I notice that when I use it on VTP2 polygon, the autogen trees are not shown on it, but if I use a "classes" texture on the polygon, the autogen trees are shown.
When should I use the assembled and when classes?

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:21 am

Hello,

Let see if I remember. You can use class textures which may have (or not) autogen. Or you can make your own custom textures. In that case you can use "Named Textures". But you need to enter a string with strict rules with the names of the textures for all the 5 seasons. In order to simplify this you can add each named texture that you create to a set of assembled textures. These assembled textures are placed in the end of the file Polys.txt (you can open with notepad and look to the end of the file to see how you add an entry to it). Once a pack (set of 5 seasonal) of textures is added to the assembled group, you can use them more easily instead of typing their names ...

Now you could create an autogen file for the custom texture.

Finally, most of the entries in the Polys.txt (=assembled textures) refer to an index in the terrain.cfg default file. In that file you can see if a particular index has (or has not) autogen.

Sorry for what seems a confused answer,

Luis

MarkkuS

Post by MarkkuS » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:27 pm

Hello!
Thanks for the answer. I shall look in the files.
/Markku