Differences between SBX and sbuild

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Tabbi

Differences between SBX and sbuild

Post by Tabbi » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:34 am

I have a stupid question I think.
At the moment I use sbuilder for FS9. But some interesting possibilities from SBX should be great.

So can I use SBX for FS9 and which kind of differences exist between both programms?

Tabea

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:53 pm

Hello,

No! SBuilderX produces BGLs that only run on FSX!

Sorry,

Luis

jvile

Post by jvile » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:50 am

Luis

How about the other way around.

I designed with Sbuilder both a Airport ground texture and a Inlet water texture for FS9 and compiled to a bgl. They both work perfectly in FS9.

I am redesigning all my FS9 airports to be FSX compliant. In doing so I noticed that the FS9 Sbuilder poly bgls for both the Airport ground texture and the water work just fine when copied into FSX.

I was under the impression that FSX only honored a shp2vec type GUID bgl for the airport ground to flatten and remove autogen or for adding Water.

Is there something I should be looking for that says a poly that was designed with Sbuilder for FS9 should not work in FSX?

It appears that FSX is backward compatible for appling FS9 Sbuilder type poly's into FSX without any type unusual effects.

Any explaination would be helpful

Jim