TABCTL32.OCX

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
JoHubb

TABCTL32.OCX

Post by JoHubb » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:42 pm

I had a problem getting SBuilder to run. I got a runtime error reporting that tabctl32.ocx was missing from my system. I found out from scruffyduck's post that this file should be in the Windows\systems32 folder.

I have an old PC which I knew had a working version of SBuilder. I used the XP search utility to look for TABCTL32.OCX but it could not find it. I opened the systems32 folder on this old PC and scrolled down - TABCTL32.OCX was sitting there. I copied the file over to the systems32 folder on my main PC and SBuilder now runs perfectly.

I am puzzled by two aspects of this:

1. Why was TABCTL32.OCX present on my old PC and not my newer one? XP Pro and FS9 are installed on both machines with all available updates. Sbuilder version 2.05 rev 06 was installed on both.

2. Why did the XP search utility not find TABCTL32.OCX on the old PC? The folders and files were not 'hidden'. This file only came to light when I scrolled down the file list.

John

José

Post by José » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:25 am

Hi,

Please, access:

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/su ... BCTL32.OCX

Download and register the OCX, following the instructions.

J.F.Lôbo