Adding ponds.

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
fredz

Adding ponds.

Post by fredz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:04 am

I am trying to add a group of ponds to some FS9 scenery. First layer is a Flatten layer. All of the following are VTP2 layers. A basic color layer, followed by another overlay and then the pond layer. All VTP2 layers are on VTP layer 10. If I put a pond outside of the flatten area - it shows fine. I know I am missing something simple but I do not know what.
Also, is there anyway to see a listing of Polys and Lines to check naming? Thanks for any help.
Fred Z.

Fred Zealor
ICAS Air Show Announcer

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:53 am

Hello,

I do not know what "pond" means! Could you please explain?

Regards, Luis

ps: export your project at any time to see things like names, etc

fredz

Post by fredz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:27 am

Luis, Pond = Small Lake. I am trying to add several small lakes and they do not show up in FS. They look OK in SBuilder.
Thanks

Fred Zealor
ICAS Air Show Announcer

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:17 am

Hi,

Please try higher layer numbers for the polygons that represent the ponds.

Regards, Luis

fredz

Post by fredz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:09 pm

Luis, I am sorry, I gave some bad information. I just checked and the polygons for the small lakes are all LWM Water Masks, which do not have a layer number. I have the Polygon Drawing order set to draw them last. When I first started this project, the small lakes would show up but something got changed and I have no idea what I did.[:I] I keep relearning SBuilder because of the time between uses but really enjoy using it. Thank you VERY much for your work and your help!

Fred Z.

Fred Zealor
ICAS Air Show Announcer