... why happens this?

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
rpa

... why happens this?

Post by rpa » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi everybody

I am building a small high resolution photo scenery with a included Alpha Bitmap and compound of nine LOD 13. Till recently, I have created many times with SBuilder the PHOTO.bgl of this scenery without problems.

But today, suddenly and motiveless, Sbuilder creates at random a set of textures of 8 Bits (of 1367 KB) and another set of textures of 32 Bits (of 683 KB). You can see it in the image below. Before, they always have become of 8 Bits and 1367 KB each one.

Thus, time after time, always is repeated the problem with the same textures. I don't know the reason in order that this happens. And I can't solve it... I don't know how I must solve it.

Please, I need somebody to help me.

RPA

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 pm

Hello,

To me it looks that you have 18 textures corresponding to the 9 LOD13s! Please check the type of the textures with ImageTool. It is a long time ago that I do not experiment with this type of scenery but it lloks to me that some of the textures have an alpha plane and some do not. You can research all of this with Image Tool. Please tell us what you find and may be we can get an explanation.

Regards,

Luis

rpa

Post by rpa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 am

Dear Luis,

Thank you for your kind answer.

Yes, I have 18 textures correspondent to the 9 LODs 13 ( Sbuilder has created nine textures for the Summer Bmp and the others nine textures for Alpha Map that I need for transparency ).

I have checked the imagery with Image Tool and the following is the result;

[img]http://www.ptsim.com/forum/uploaded/rpa ... título.jpg[/img]

I don't know why have appeared these differences between the images. It has occurred suddenly and I don't remember having done something in order that this happen . ¿ Some idea, Luis?

Again, thank you very much.

RPA

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:19 pm

Hello,

Lm is for Light Map (night textures). Transparency is not related to that. If there is an alpha map in the original summer texture then those textures will have the alpha map added. Now when all the pixels in a given LOD13 quad have an alpha level of complete opaque, then that LOD13 quad texture will have no alpha. So investigate your main original texture and check if there are some quads that are complete opaque (the alpha image completely white).

Kind Regards,

Luis

rpa

Post by rpa » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:32 pm

Hello Luis;

Thanks for your answer.

You were right . There was quads completely opaque . I beg you apologize my stupidity. Now all is doing right .

Again, many thanks,

Kind regards.

RPA