Persisting coastline

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
JoHubb

Persisting coastline

Post by JoHubb » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:50 am

Sorry to post again so soon on coastlines. I'm using SB in FS9. Two questions:

Q.1

I cannot get rid of this 'orphan' coastline/shoreline.

I tried these:

1. Placed a landmask LWM poly over it - no good
2. Added a flatten poly over the above - no good
3. Changed the LOD13 to land - no good
4. With the LOD13 as land, repeated 1 and 2 - no good

In SB there is nothing to see at all where this coastline appears - there are no lines or polys defining it that I can see. Presumably it is default coastline that I have somehow got rid of elsewhere.

Second Q.

It seems from this that a VTP2 line is not necessary to create a coastline. Is this correct? If so, how does FS9 draw coastlines.

Thanks.

John

JoHubb

Post by JoHubb » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:02 pm

Ah! I made an exclude polygon set to layer 8 and placed it over this pesky coastline. It's gone! Why did I not think of this before?

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi,

Congratulations! [:)]

Why do not you try to append default BGL files? You get the orginal scenery at your hands and corrections can be made right away.

Could you calibrate the maps?

Regards,

Luis

JoHubb

Post by JoHubb » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:20 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">citação:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Mensagem original de Luis Sa</i>
<br />Hi,

Why do not you try to append default BGL files? You get the orginal scenery at your hands and corrections can be made right away.

Could you calibrate the maps?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ha! I wondered about appending. I know there are many .bgl files relating to a particular area. I think that for shorelines it is the HPxxxxxx.bgl. I was not sure what would happen to this file if I appended it and made a mess of it! I suppose it would be wise to make a backup first. Having done the shorelines, is the idea then to append the other .bgl files for that area and modify them one by one?

Yes, I was able to calibrate eventually!

Am I correct in thinking that a coastline can be present in FS9 without a VTP2 line. If so, how does FS9 draw coastlines?

Thanks again. Best regards.

John