Sloping flattens

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Den19

Sloping flattens

Post by Den19 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:02 am

Hello from a newbie scenery maniulator.

Just downloaded SbuilderX with the aim of producing sloping flattens around airports where cliffs appear- I am using Horizon GenX scenery with FSX under XP.

I have had a few trial runs with the program and find it fairly easy to use, especially since I have never tried anything like this before.

However I do have a few queries.

How can I determine the height for the vertices at the outside edges of the polys, the ones away from the edge of the airport plateau?
I can find the airport height since FSX insists it must be flat but the outside edge must match the external terrain and will be diferent at every point. The only way I can think of is to slew around in FSX and note down all these heights, but this seems a bit of a pain and not very accurate.
How to determine where the edge of the airport plateau is as it is not at the edge of the airport? Or can I overlap them onto the plateau to be sure?

Any other problems I haven't yet seen?

Den

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:23 pm

Hello,

You are doing OK. You need to evaluate the altitude of outside points. Slewing around seems OK. But for a polygon I only would set 2 altitudes - the runway altitude and the altitude of the more distant point (distant from the runway). I would try to use the "slope way" to introduce altitudes.

Good luck for your project,

Luis