Gmaps no more work for me

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
ras78

Gmaps no more work for me

Post by ras78 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:56 am

Good day to all,
the Luis page with gmaps tool give me a javascript error and the grid button no more works. Anybody has the same error or is up to my browser?

thanks

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:19 pm

Hello,

Are you using the right address?

http://www.ptsim.com/sbuilder/gmaps.htm

It worls for me. Just tested it right now!

Regards, Luis

ras78

Post by ras78 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Thanks Luis,
yes I use that address. With FireFox I have no errors but the grid not appers. Here's what I got with IE (6.0.2 XP SP2)

(is italian but should be clear...)

PakMac

Post by PakMac » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:17 am

I'm getting the script error as well, in IE and Firefox. It's been like this for some months now, I just didn't get around to posting about it.

Regards and seasonal greetings.
David

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:15 pm

Hello,

You can view the source code of the HTML file and tell me the error so that I correct it!

Anyone can duplicate that page. If you copy the page into your PC you can even remove the "Google API key". Then you open the HTML page from your disk.

Regards, Luis

ps: may be I have my IE and Firefox setup is such that the browsers do not complain when "soft" errors exist in the pages that they process.

APereira

Post by APereira » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:28 am

Hello people,

I'm having the same problem, I open the correct webpage (gmaps.htm) and it does not load the LOD grid, it specifies a Javascript error.
Luis, it might be something to do with the fact that Google Maps has changed the "Satellite Photo" function, as you can see on maps.google.com the Map, Satellite, Hybrid buttons have changed to Map, Satellite (which includes Map overlay) and finally Terrain.

Funny thing is I tried locating the error specified (in line 530, character 28, "I" is null or not an object) and there's no more than 250 lines of code for the .htm file.

Hope that helps improve a once great tool...!

Regards,

Alan

Alan Pereira-Pierce
CX-NUD

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:35 pm

Hello,

I edited the HTML page to comply with XHTML but noting changed. Then I noticed that I was using "v=2". That is version 2 (the most recent one). When Google updates the version, errors can happen.

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-M ... on-changes

I changed "v=2" to "v=2.89" and that fixed the problem. In conclusion: some problem in version 2.90 and upwards give the reported error.

Please try again.

Kind Regards,

Luis

APereira

Post by APereira » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:44 pm

Great work Luis! Your Google Maps application with the LOD13 grid becomes an excellent, extremely handy tool again... ;-)

Seasons Greetings to you and all forum members. Boas Festas para tudos!

Kind regards,

Alan Pereira-Pierce
CX-NUD / "As The Bird Flies" Design Group