Another Roadblock I need help with

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
DoubleBounce

Another Roadblock I need help with

Post by DoubleBounce » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:33 pm

After much effort and time I finally got SBuilder 205.v06 up and running without error messages.

I started to do Scruffyducks Airfield Regression tutorial and ran into another roadblock. FS does not see the file I added to the Addon Scenery File. I have tried everything that I could think of to make this happen but I am at a complete loss. The following image shows you what is happening. It will read every file in the folder except the new one that I have just added.

This did not happen before I installed SBuilder, I have used EZ landclass and Exclude Builder without problems and you will notice that I have added several scenery packages to my FS.

As you can see even though the file is selected in the list the directory field is blank. If I cannot get the file activated I might as well delete Sbuilder and try something else.

I am running the FS and tools on an external drive. I hope that the location is not the problem. My FS and tools have grown to 39 gig and I really do not have room on drive C for them but I will move them if I have to.

If anybody out there knows what I am doing wrong please let me know. I really want to use SBuilder to correct the scenery in my home area as Microsoft had done a less than a stellar job on the West Texas scenery. They have left out many small villages and I just cannot get used to seeing office towers in towns where the only buildings over 30 feet high are the Courthouse and Churches.

~~ Dale ~~
I'm too old to do this
but I'm having too much fun to quit.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:31 pm

Hello Dale,

SBuilder has a folder inside its root that I refer to as ../SBuilder/Tools/Work. All BGLs are generated (placed into) inside this folder. So you can copy (or move) your BGL to the Addon Scenery folder or any other Scenery folder that is active in the FS Scenery Library.

If you get access to the properties of your working project (right click an empty display region) you can write the full path to your favorite BGL folder. Then, when compiling a project, you can set the "Copy BGLs to ...." and your files will be copied to the favorite folder that you have setup.

Hope this is useful,

Regards,

Luis

DoubleBounce

Post by DoubleBounce » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:51 pm

Thank you for the quick reply Luis.

I checked all of the file locations and their paths and everything is where they are susposed to be.

I was not aware that the \tools\work folder is where everything gets dumped before your message. Thanks for the information.

After checking the files I tried once again to register (activate)the \Addon Scenery\Lobo_Junction file that I created.

When I go to the Settings-Scenery Library screen and click Add Area everything on the Select Scenery Directory works as it should until I select the Lobo-Junction file that I created in the Addon Scenery file. When I click Lobo_Junction to select it the Directory Window becomes blank. I type in the correct path to the file and as soon as I click the OK button the Directory Window becomes blank again and the file activation fails.

This only happens when I try to set up to use SBuilder.

I checked to see if FS2004 was still working by downloading, installing, and activating another scenery file. It all worked without problem, but it still will not let me create and activate a new scenery file.

I am at my wits end. I am hoping that someone out there has had this problem, solved it, and can tell me how to do it.

~~ Dale ~~
I'm too old to do this
but I'm having too much fun to quit.