Sbuilder, surf breaking from land to sea

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
len_fromoz

Sbuilder, surf breaking from land to sea

Post by len_fromoz » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:08 am

I have a problem with surf in a peninsula I have just created using Sbuilder. The surf begins on land and breaks outwards, towards the sea. Could someone please tell me how to fix this? I am new to Sbuilder, and this is the first time I have created a coastline using it.
I am using FS2004.
Thanks for your help.
Len Wilkins

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi,

Please open the Width Window for the line (right click) and try the WInding.

Regards,

Luis

len_fromoz

Post by len_fromoz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:20 am

Hi Luis, thanks for this.
I have tried right clicking on the line, but I cannot find a "WInding" option anywhere. Right-clicking gets me an options box headed "Line #1", with options like zoom in, zoom out, and properties; clicking on "Properties" gets me a dialogue box with "General", "VTP2" and "Points" tabs, none of which say anything about "WInding".
Am I missing something....?

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi,

Right click and selecting WIDTH.

Then Winding or Reverse.

Happy New Year,

Luis

len_fromoz

Post by len_fromoz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:51 am

Hi Luis, thanks for your help. I fixed it eventually - I now have the ocean on the correct side of the beach. :-)

For information, I still couldn't find anything called "winding". I got what I wanted by right clicking on the line, clicking on "Properties", opening the "Points" tab, clicking "Reverse", and then clicking the "Change" button alongside it. There is no mention of "winding". I have no idea why my version of SBuilder differs from what you were trying to tell me, but it doesn't matter, I got there in the end.

Thanks again for all your help - much appreciated!
Regards
Len Wilkins

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:02 pm

[:I]

Hi Len,

I am very sorry! I thought you were using SBuilderX! There is no "Winding" in the 205 version for FS9!. If I remember you can use "Reverse" to change the order of the points in a line!

Kind Regards,

Luis