Must be a more simple instructions somewhere

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Mile High

Must be a more simple instructions somewhere

Post by Mile High » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi There,
I'm new to scenery building other than the simple use of LWMveiwer2 for terrain which works fine.
I have recently installed SBuilder 205 through to v6. The program starts up OK and tool bar is working from what I understand but I am unable to get past the new project page, the very first white blank page.
No matter what I do, nothing is displayed from FS2004 information.
I have all the modules, etc, as per instructions.
Did I miss something in the translation.
I am in Australia, is that a problem with the set up.

Thanks for any advice.

Mile High

meshman

Post by meshman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:23 pm

If you're at the big white screen... you're ready to go to work! Here's a link to some tutorials that will give you a feel for what SBuilder can do and how you go about accomplishing the task.

http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/

Lance, from SoCal

Mile High

Post by Mile High » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:22 am

Now I understand after reveiwing the video on scuffy's website.
I was thinking that SBuilder worked along the lines of LWMveiwer2 with a 3D live interface which makes it easy to see where you are working and the instant result of an action in real time.

The only problem that I'm having is that the red cross (aircraft) is not appearing. I have all the modules in place and are the lastest version.

Any ideas??

Mile High

meshman

Post by meshman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:35 am

Bear with me, as I left FS9 behind a while back. SB205 needs FSUIPC and that needs to be in the \Modules folder of FS9. The red plane won't show if FS9 isn't running and if you haven't activated that via the SB205 menu option. Also, two things that make it easier working with FS9 or X and SB205 or SBX is running FS in windowed mode (Alt-Enter) and turning off the option where FS9 pauses on Task Switch.

If you're still not seeing the red cross in SB205, you might check to see if it's still synching the location. You'd do that by starting FS9, going to your design location and position the plane, Alt-Tab over to SB205 and look at the coordinates to see if they bear a resemblance to where you're at in FS9.

Also, seperate to this aspect, I found a great tool for working in FS9 called the Finney Crosshairs_Plus, available at Avsim;http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=73331 It's basically a large X that's great for accurate placement and alignment purposes. When you get tired of design work, try flying the Crosshairs and get a true bird's eye view of things.

Lance, from SoCal