PolyTool will not work in version3

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
nigelgrant

PolyTool will not work in version3

Post by nigelgrant » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:54 pm

I have just downloaded and installed version3 and I cannot get the PolyTool to work properly.

I set "showaircraft" and the "X" shows but when I start a poly, the first point shows but thereafter as I slew the aircraft around, the "X" does not show and I have no subsequent poly nodes that I can click.

My previous version of SBuilder worked okay. Any ideas?

Nigel
Vancouver

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Hi Nigel,

I am not following your problem. I am assume you are working with SBuilderX (that generates BGLS that work with FSX).

I have no report of interaction between the "FS connection" and the Poly drawing routines.

Sorry,

Luis

nigelgrant

Post by nigelgrant » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:52 pm

Hola Luis

Thx for your quick response.

To clarify, I am trying to create a polygon around an airport boundary (Malpensa), so I have the FSX open in Windows mode, top down view in slew mode, and I have a new file open in an SBuilderX(3.0) window which has the “show aircraft” tag active.

When I start, the “X” of the aircraft shows in SBuilderX and using the polygon tool I start my polygon at that point, then flip back (alt/tab) to the FSX window and slew to the next point I want for the polygon, flip back to the SBuilderX window but the aircraft “X” did not show.

BUT, I have NOW found that if I wait 5-6 seconds, the “X” appears in its new location. However, as soon as I move the mouse pointer of the polygon tool, the “X” disappears and only re-appears after about 6 seconds. So it has become a cat&mouse chase finding and locating on the “X” and it takes quite a time creating the polygon. In the previous version of SBuilder, the “X” appeared in about one second. Hope this is clear.

What could be causing this delay? I have version3 of FSConnect.dll and the latest version of FSUIPC.dll

Regards
Nigel

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:36 am

Hello Nigel,

During the weekend I will have not access to FSX to try the connection between FSX and SBuikderX.

But there is something wrong and I need to make some tests. There is a parameter in the INI file which is ShowAircraftPeriod. It is in miliseconds. Probably it is showing 5000 in your system. It means that if you left SBuilderX alone with no action taking place, it will Update the Display after every ShowAircraftPeriod if Show Aircraft is ON! May be you want to reduce that value.

Once I thought I could make a line/polygon automatically by slewing in FSX. There should exist a switch that could place SBX in such a mode. Then at each 1 second, if the distance from the previous position is large than a prefixed value a new point was added. Pressing Escape would exit this mode and if (at least) 2 points were recorded a line of type=none would be added to the project. Then you would set the properties of that line to whatever you choose.

Kind Regards,

Luis

nigelgrant

Post by nigelgrant » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:41 am

Hi Luis

I cut the 5000 back to 1000 and it made a big difference, it is workable now. Thx for the help.

Nigel
ps I think "hola" was the wrong salutation, that is Spanish but you are from Portugal. About 10 years ago I cycled from Lisbon to Faro over four weeks - wonderful trip!

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Olá Nigel,

Yes you are right. We use "Olá". By the way that trip is about 250 km (or more if you went by the coast!). But you spent 20 days! That is reasonable!

Greeting from Coimbra,

Luis