Library creator and xml

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
smithte

Library creator and xml

Post by smithte » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi,

This is my first time using sbuilder and im trying to place library objects using sbuilder.Please advise if this is the correct method.

I created a model of a bus in gmax and generated the .mdl and xml file.

I used library creator xml (From arno)to compile a bgl and placed this in my scenery folder.i also used library creator to create a TXT file to be used in sbuilder to place the bus.

I then opened up sbuilder and opened the above file generated in
library creator xml and successfully placed and compiled a bgl which i again placed in the scenery folder.I also placed the texture for the bus in the texture folder for my scenery.

i went to the exact location in fs2004 but no objects appeared

Please help.

regards

Terry

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Hello,

I did not understand if you were able to see, in the SBuilder object window, the object that you created. If you say that you placed it, I assume that you saw your new entry in the Object Library window.

Basic questions: did you selected the object before compiling? If so are you able to pick up the SCASM intermediate file? And then decompile (there is a decompiler but do not remember the exact name at this moment) it to see your object in the code?

Kind Regards,

Luis

smithte

Post by smithte » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:19 pm

Yes the name of my object appeared in the sbuilder library window.I then selected it in sbuilder and hit "bgl compilation" and this is the screen that appeard,

i then clicked compile and a bgl was formed.I placed this bgl in my scenery folder but object could not be seen in fs.I will try again tonight.

smithte

Post by smithte » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:41 pm

It seems to be working fine now.thanks for your help,

terry