Resolved: Objects inaccessible - Runtime error

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Mick

Resolved: Objects inaccessible - Runtime error

Post by Mick » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Hello everybody,

all of a sudden (yesterday everything worked fine) I have trouble placing objects and accessing the old ones in my project. Everytime I try to, I get the "runtime error 280 - invalid property value" and SB closes down (without saving). Lines and polys work fine, and the existing objects can still be selected, copied and pasted.

Does anyone (maybe Luis is around??? - big 'hi' to you) have an idea what might have gone wrong over night?

Thanks a lot
Mick

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Hello Mick,

I do not know what could be the problem. If you can send me a project file that causes the problem, I could investigate the causes.

Regards,

Luis

Mick

Post by Mick » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:31 am

Dear Luis,

thank you for helping out, I sent you the project file by email. I had already made sure that the "delimiter-error" isn't the reason (i.e. the problem when running European settings with comma as decimal delimiter), but I faced the error with US settings as well.

Something different: I haven't been here for a while, and on your whole site I don't see any icons anymore (just their placeholders). Is that due to something on your server or do I have to make any settings in my browser to get back to the normal view?

Thank you,
Mick

Mick

Post by Mick » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:19 am

Additional information about some experiments:
- the error is the same with every project
- even trying to place a new object in a new project results in "runtime error 380: invalid property value" --> so I'd guess reviewing my project wouldn't help... :-(
- replacing / renewing sbuilder.exe (from sb205rev06) did not help either
- I also couldn't find any suspicious registry entries containing the term "sbuilder"

I hope I could save you from some work at least, and that you have any further idea, Luis.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:18 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">citação:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Mensagem original de Mick</i>
Something different: I haven't been here for a while, and on your whole site I don't see any icons anymore (just their placeholders). Is that due to something on your server or do I have to make any settings in my browser to get back to the normal view?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hello,

That was a problem from my side and I hope is fixed by then. Now I must look to your project.

Regards,

Luis

Mick

Post by Mick » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:59 pm

thank you still for reviewing, Luis. I tried many things meanwhile (as you saw I even reinstalled Sbuilder), including deleting the ini so that sbuilder made a new ini file. The error remained the same and it only showed up when I want to place or edit an object - even in new scenery.

I was wondering if there's some special routine handling the object side in sbuilder? <b>But now I found it</b> and want to let others know in order to prevent them from trying what I had tried! Here's my SB-breaking [8D] error: I had obviously messed up one of the obj-library-files in the "Tools" folder!

My idea was to have the objects sorted in a way, so that I would have a better overview when selecting them (unfortunately SB doesn't do that). Something must have gone wrong in this sorting process, so that SB couldn't properly read the library file anymore... after deleting the file I had changed (just now), SB works fine again [:D]!

Thanks for your support, Luis
Best regards