error message when right-clicking

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
ponyboy

error message when right-clicking

Post by ponyboy » Thu May 01, 2008 1:05 am

Hi Luis,

On a couple of recent SBuilder projects, whenever I right-click on a poly, or a line, or a .bmp or just anywhere on the project to bring up the Properties window I am getting the following error message:

Run time error '91'
Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set.

Then, the instant I click on this window SBuilder crashes. I can still compile with the project, however, and get good .bgls, etc., but something has gone amiss? Any ideas as to what is happening? This is SBuilder for FS2004.

many thanks,

Clutch

Mick

Post by Mick » Thu May 01, 2008 8:46 am

Hi ponyboy,

Luis had written that he's away for a week, so maybe I can at least give you a hint from my own experience when facing a similar problem with objects last week.

The background reason in my case was an invalid object definition in the relevant obj-###.txt file (the definition file in the tools folder). What I found - more or less by chance - was that I had "illegal" characters (quotation marks) in the file. After removing them, everything worked like before.

For your situation I would do the following:
- check if SB also crashes when you try to make a new line or poly. If yes, I'd think it's a clear indication for an error in the underlying definition files.
- contemplate about your last changes on textures in the lines and polys. A texture file that you had assigned might be missing if you (e.g.) removed it afterwards ...
- check the polys.txt and the lines.txt in the SB tools folder. They define the textures assigned to the lines/polys. Illegal characters like quotation marks would (like in my own case) crash SB.
- you could also try to overwrite polys.txt and lines.txt from your installation zip file, which excludes the possibility of invisible characters in the file. In that case, of course, you'd lose the information about textures you assigned to your lines/polys

Hope it helps you getting forward,
kind regards

Mick