Using SBuilder DEM conversions...

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Clutch Cargo

Using SBuilder DEM conversions...

Post by Clutch Cargo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:44 am

Hi Luis,

First let me say great job on the new forums look! Soooo much nicer and easier to use. Many thx. Surprised though you did not create a SBuilder forum (only SBulderX?). Are you trying to give us all a hint to move on from FS2004?! :D

My question deals with the SBuilder DEM conversion selections. It has been so long since I played around with mesh in SBuilder that hopefully you or someone else can answer.

1. Do any of the selections create an .inf I can further edit with?

2. For the life of me I can't seem to find a data source that gives DEM files in DTED2 or HGT format SBuilder requires. Is there a site I have missed or must I find a utility to transform to one of those.

The end result is I want to capture the data .inf before it goes to resample.exe so I can try some tweaks I am working on. especially the 'BaseValue' parameter in the MS SDK.

Thanks again... hope to move up into SBuilderX soon.

Clutch Cargo

Re: Using SBuilder DEM conversions...

Post by Clutch Cargo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:51 am

Well, no sooner do I finally ask these questions do I find the answers, ha! Seems to always happen that way. (Maybe I should then post the question "How do I make a million $$?" :mrgreen:

Finally was able to find some .hg files through an ftp. I see that you create an .inf when I actually process the file, duh! That makes sense.

So let me ask one last question: When I process my terrain mesh to a .bgl file, is SBuilder using the .bsq file for this or is it using the matching .bmp file?