Does Alpha bmps work in SBuilder?

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Clutch Cargo

Does Alpha bmps work in SBuilder?

Post by Clutch Cargo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:36 pm

Talking about SBuilder for FS2004. I have tried several attempts to attach an alpha .bmp in the Photo Bitmaps tab under the Map Properties window. I select the bmps, compile, and all I get is a solid white square for my alpha as a result? Tried compiling in both 4.8 and hi-res mode.

However, I can see my alpha maps in my project when I select View - Maps - and choose Alpha BMP.

Anybody ever able to get that to work or was that feature never implemented in the program? Luis?

thx,

Clutch

Luis Sa

Re: Does Alpha bmps work in SBuilder?

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Hello,

It has been long since I look to SBuilder for FS2004, but the answer is yes. As far as I remember the method is described in the Help docs. Please check the format for the alpha mask file. I remember some problems when the file was not of the required format. I am almost sure that the answer to your problem is in this forum. Please check first. After that, if the problem remains, call back again and I will be glad to investigate the subject.

Kind Regards,

Luis

Clutch Cargo

Re: Does Alpha bmps work in SBuilder?

Post by Clutch Cargo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 am

Thx for the quick rely Luis. Yes I know... it's been a looong time I thought since you had even looked at SBuilder. But at least perhaps it is my format. I will look again here in the forums to see if there was something I missed. :) Just did not want to keep trying if it was not ever implemented.