Questions about multiple installations of SBuilder and FS.

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
valkarr

Questions about multiple installations of SBuilder and FS.

Post by valkarr » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:33 pm

I have long wanted to construct a fantasy island, having picked out the location and general features years ago. I've read the island building tutorial and downloaded many tools. The tutorial is for FS9 so I thought I'd make it my test project. I have FSX and FS9 on my computer as well as SBuilderX (205 is rcommended for this and I've downloaded it also, but hesitate to install it). I'm intimidated by the though of installing the second SBuilder. My primary concern with the separate installations is: will there be problems keeping the files straight? Will there be crosstalk between the different SDKs and FSUIPCs (which I totally don't understand)? Should I run the 2004 SDK.EXEs? I have plenty of time to spend and lots of patience, but I'm rather chicken to dive in. If I can get the hang of it I have other projects in mind. I'd like to spruce up the Greater Houston area (bridges, NASA, Clear Lake-Seabrook-Kemah, the yacht clubs and boardwalk) and I'd like to see the capitol building back in Austin as well as UT and the stadium. I'm not new to simming, but a total rookie at scenery design. I will be looking here for help in attaining the next level in enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. Thanks in advance from deep in the heart of Texas.