Objects from fs9_custom_buildings_ss dont appear in scenery

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Kurt240457

Objects from fs9_custom_buildings_ss dont appear in scenery

Post by Kurt240457 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:00 am

Hi folks,

I have a problem with the objects which come together with SBuilder in the object libraries fs9_custom_buildings_ss_1 and _2:

- Some objects from fs9_custom_buildings_ss_1 and lots of out from fs9_custom_buildings_ss_2 are diplayed correctly in the object selection menue, but dont appear at all when placed in a scenery.

- Some objects from fs9_custom_buildings_ss_1 show up correctly in my scenery but dont appear at all or just without resp with damaged textures when using the scenery on another PC. Tests show that three different tester had three different results (I had all objects displayed, the second had some objects without or with partly missing textures and the third one missed some objects completely). E.g. the object "Large building 1" out of fs9_custom_buildings_ss_1 showed this missbehaviour.

Any suggestion to solve the problem???

For analysis I add the related SBX-file.

Kind regrads

Kurt
Attachments
lkh-wr_neustadt.rar
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 2150 times

Luis Sa

Re: Objects from fs9_custom_buildings_ss dont appear in scenery

Post by Luis Sa » Sat May 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi Kurt,

Welcome to the new forum. This week I changed the hosting company and I hope the problems that (you, me and others) had in using it are finally solved.

Regarding your question, I do not know the libraries that you refer to. I removed the map from the SBX so that I could open the project. Most of the objects are SCM (ASD macros) that need to be available to get compiled into a BGL. Please refer to the source of your libraries.

Kind Regards,

Luis

Kurt240457

Post by Kurt240457 » Sun May 17, 2009 9:17 am

Good morning Luis,

yes, your forum software seems to work a lot better now!

The ASDs are not the problem - all of them work perfect. The trouble makers are the library objects and within them clearly the FS9-objects.

The libraries origin from Sidney Schwartz and could be downloaded from avsim (prior to the actual hacking of their website).

I checked already the original ZIP-files and the content is quite interesting:
-There is the necessary txt-file for adding the object library to the SBuilder object-menue, the format is:
[fs9_custom_buildings_ss_1]
86fc5107b0bd4d5a9108f6646a5a6b4d 1 38 20 1 Barn 1
86fc5107b0bd4d5a9108f6646a5a6b6b 1 96 52 1 Barn 2
and so on….
- There are lots of photo-files with names like “86fc5107b0bd4d5a9108f6646a5a6b4d.JPG” which I understand as the object related thumbnail pictures for the object selection menue.
- I understand the alphanumeric code blocks here as GUIDs which maintain the connection between the object and the related photo.
- But there are no BGLs or BMPs or other file types which would lead me to the objects and their textures.

My problem is now to identify the objects and textures I used out of these libraries in the directories of the FS9, and to add them to my related scenery directories. I don’t know the file names of the objects and I don’ t know the names of the linked textures. Could I search for the GUIDs? But which tool should I use?

Thanks for helping!

Regards
Kurt

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sun May 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Hello Kurt,

Very interesting. I was not aware about those libraries. It seems that you "see" the objects and the thumbnails in SBuilder. However you need the library BGL. Does the package contained a "big" BGL? or just thumbnails and lists for use in SBuilder? and the textures that the "big" BGL calls? You need to place the library BGL (and the textures) in a properly active scenery folder.

Is that package generally available? Could I make it available in this site?

Regards,

Luis

Kurt240457

Post by Kurt240457 » Sun May 17, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi Luis,

yes, I can see all the preview thumbnails with SBuilder and I am able to use at least some of the objects. The packages do NOT include any BGLs or BMPs, so I am sure that (at least most of) the objects and their textures should already be present on any PC with MSFS2004 installed. Just customized installations (e.g. leaving out some geographical areas due to limitted disk space) should lead into conflicts beacuse of missing BGLs and BMPs.

And once more yes - these libraries are preconfigurated for SBuilder and they are freeware (download via AVSIM). Due to this and the fact that AVSIM is actually down I post here the related temporary link for you and all other interested freeware designers:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9Y2Z0UL

Maybe you can download and look into these two libraries by your own and also maybe you can find out how to avoid the difficulties with my scenery when installed on other PCs. Your help is always appreciated!

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sun May 17, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the information. However lists of library objects (with or without thumbnails) prepared for SBuilder can only be used if you also have the library BGL (and needed textures).

Regards,

Luis

Kurt240457

Post by Kurt240457 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:54 am

Good morning Luis,

I am aware that I need BGLs and the related textures for the objects. The objects and their textures were not distributed with the object packages (maybe I used an unclear wording) as you see from the quote below. All of them should be present from the original installation of MSFS2004. Sidney Schwartz just digged them out of the default BGLs and collected them in his package.
Kurt240457 wrote:The packages do NOT include any BGLs or BMPs, so I am sure that (at least most of) the objects and their textures should already be present on any PC with MSFS2004 installed. Just customized installations (e.g. leaving out some geographical areas due to limitted disk space) should lead into conflicts beacuse of missing BGLs and BMPs.
My problem is now that some of my colleagues have obviously another installation of MSFS2004 than me because I can see all placed library objects while they have several troubles with displaying the correctly.

My approach is now to find the affected BGLs and textures for those objects which I used in my scenery. This would enable me to add the missing data to my scenery and texture directory. Do you see a serious problem with this? If yes is there a work around existing? And how can I find the required files?

Thanks a lot for your assistance!

Kind regards

Kurt

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue May 19, 2009 10:36 am

Hello,

I understand your problem and saw a post in FSDeveloper. I do not believe that different installations of FS2004 could exist. With the version of SBuilderX that I am presently developing I have a Library Manager that can import all the default BGL libraries. It can also import BGL objects files. And it works with FS2004 objects. So after importing your compiled BGL I would be able to see if an object is or is not a default object.

My only tip is to ask your users to send you their scenery.cfg so that you can check which scenery folders are actually active. If you open the scenery library menu you will see that there are folders just with library objects.

Regards,

Luis

Kurt240457

Post by Kurt240457 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:08 am

Hi once more,

I AM A COMPLETE FOOL! I just needed to read the text of the FLIGHTSIM download page! FS9BLDS1.ZIP and FS9BLDS2.ZIP are the files I need in addition to make it work! It was a complete accident that several buildings I used must have been used before in other sceneries and worked therefore! Sorry about this absolute simple fault - sometimes I can't see the wood because of the trees... :roll:

And also sorry for waisting your precious time with such a rubbish. :oops:

Sidney Schwartz

Post by Sidney Schwartz » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:33 am

I'm glad you got that sorted out. I've just completed updating my FS9 default terminal buildings library to be compatible with RWY12 and Sbuilder. It works for me, but I wouldn't mind if someone else tested it before I upload it for public consumption. Anyone who would like to give it a try is welcome to download it at this link which will be good for one week:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/TzY1U ... VW5IRGc9PQ

You can post comments here or send them to the email address in the installation instructions.

Now that I've figured out how to do this, my plan is to updat all my existing libraries to be RWY12 and Sbuilder compatible.