Insert OBJ problem

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Zapem

Insert OBJ problem

Post by Zapem » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:17 pm

Hi

First thanks for a very nice program.
I have tryed to ad a Lighthouse object to a scenery but when i want to compile it to BGL it comes up with a error.

Error in line 1
-> Header( 0x201 )
-> too few parameters
Error in line 3
-> LibraryObject( 55.96020130 10.41020010 0.000 0 0.0
-> unknown command
Scasm compilation status: error(s) 2

I have no problem making poly and compiloing is OK. Its only on OBJ.

Any idea to fix this ?
Thanks

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:29 am

Hello,

Thanks! Are you using SCASM 2.95 ? Please check at www.scasm.de

Luis

Zapem

Post by Zapem » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:55 am

aha there is a 2.95 out.
Yes that fixed the problem. Not easy to find any solutions whan you have to scann different boards instead of the board that shut be used specially for this program.
By the way why is there not a small note in the UPDATE tread that SCAM 2.95 shal be used now [?]

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:10 am

Hi,

I agree with you! So I edited the topic with the link to sb201.zip. Now there is a reference to SCASM 2.95!

If you are taking pictures of the placed objects, may be you want to share them. Also the file objects.txt may have entries that do not work (objects that are local to some regions). I had not the time to clean the file from these entries.

Regards, Luis

Zapem

Post by Zapem » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:11 pm

Hi again

Yes i have made a lot of pictures of the different objects.
If you want them you can get them [:)]

Yes i found out that some objects didn't become visible.

I have 2 small questions: (I'm a little new in this scenery building)

Is there a way to put the compiled .bgl files i get when i make a airport like OB1_xxxx.BGL and LMW_xxxx.BGL together in one BGL file ?

When i compile what i have made i get 2 files in the WORK folder. A BGL and a SCM file. The BGL i know but for what is the SCM file ?

Regards

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:22 pm

Hi,

If you saved the pictures with the ID names (you see them on SBuilder?) then they will be very useful and I would be grateful if you can send me so that I pack them in the next version!

You may try to merge the BGL files! See below! Be careful because some files can not be merged! Refer to SCASM docs!

SBuilder produces SCM files and SCASM compiles (translates) these SCM files into BGL files. SBuilder could delete the SCM files when SCASM ends the compilation. But for advanced users these SCM files could be useful. For example you could merge the contents of 2 SCM files and try SCASM on the merge file on a MSDOS windows command line!

Regards, Luis

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:58 am

Frank,

Thank you for the bitmaps! The file is at:

http://www.ptsim.com/downloads/sbuilder/bmps.zip

The bitmaps of the objects should be unzipped to the ../sbuilder/tools/bmps/ folder! Then the Object Library Tool will show them in the existing window!

Luis