Question Luis on LWM2 and LWM3 bgls...

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Clutch Cargo

Question Luis on LWM2 and LWM3 bgls...

Post by Clutch Cargo » Sat May 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Hey Luis,

Got a question for you regarding good ol' hi-res using your "make flattons" procedure.

I created some mesh. I have my hi-res photos too. I create the LWM2 and LWM3 flatton polygons. I discard the LWM2 bgl file.

Now I use the same mesh but I have dropped down all the altitudes of the mesh by -10 meters. I have done this before I put it into a readable format of SBuilder. So I create a 2nd set of LWM2 and LWM3 bgls based from that mesh. This time I discard the LWM3 bgl file.

I put together the LWM3.bgl from the normal height mesh and combine with the LWM2.bgl from the -10 meter mesh. Should I not see a "gap" between the two layers in FS2004? I would think so but I am not. The LWM3 seems to adhere or attach itself right on top of the LWM2 layer even though they were created with different elevations?????

Any thoughts?

thx,

Clutch

Luis Sa

Re: Question Luis on LWM2 and LWM3 bgls...

Post by Luis Sa » Sat May 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Hello Clutch,

I really would like to comment on what you describe but I must confess that I do not work with FS2004 for some years now. At the age of 58 I feel that it is hard remember details of what I did 3 or 4 years ago :oops: . I hope that someone reading this enters the discussion and can comment.

Best Regards,

Luis

Clutch Cargo

Re: Question Luis on LWM2 and LWM3 bgls...

Post by Clutch Cargo » Sun May 31, 2009 4:21 pm

HA!

No problem at all... I'm not far behind you on the age so I can understand :lol: . I have a feeling most who would know the answer have moved on to FSX. I'm not ready to do that just yet that's why I keep exploring your older version and discover new things I can do with it.

All the best...