MP Append Run Time error 35600

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
boleyd

MP Append Run Time error 35600

Post by boleyd » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:51 am

New project. Append an MP file. MP Import Properties comes up. Clicking on the set lines colored bar brings up the VTP2 selection window. Leave selection an none and click ok. Runtime error 365600. Selecting VTP2 crashes to desktop when clicking ok.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:16 am

Hi,

Please check rgn40.txt and rgn80.txt that are in the Tools folder. May be they get corrupted. If so, replace with the original ones.

Luis

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:15 am

The two files appear ok. I replaced them with new files anyhow. I also corrected the Lines.txt file as per other message. However, the error described above remains.

Horst

Post by Horst » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:57 am

Hello Dick,
What you will do?
See the help “SBuilder Reference/File Append”
You have to assign the type and then using the VTP selection window for this type.
You have to define the imported lines type by type.
When you click on the different types, the set lines colored bar will change for this type.

Horst

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:44 am

This is the area where the problem occurs. I believe that if you select ALL Import Properties for Lines, and only have one or two types from the MP file you get the error. If I use a road MP file and only select the Major and Principal highways then it works. So only a problem in the extreme case of selecting some, or all, items that are not part of the target MP file.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:07 am

Hi,

Be carefull with ALL. If you study the rgn40.txt or the rgn80.txt (or if you look in the append window) you see that most types have no "BGL" definition.

I normally press NONE and just select the type that I am interested and I make sure that I fill the "BGL" properties for that type.

Regards, Luis

Horst

Post by Horst » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:09 am

Hello Dick,
You should take care, what information the mp file contain!
When you use GPSmapedit, you can have a look with File/map properties/statistics in the program.
I never tried to import the whole map!!
In this case, you have to save all your selection to every type before you import (because you do not know, what the mp file contains)
But this makes no sense for me, because I will have the bgls stored similar to the scheme Microsoft used.
I think Luis suggestion here is a good way.
I know, it is better to have instead of a runtime error some information. But on the other hand, I think Luis should spend the time for further developing his tool.
But maybe, we can have in future an error: “The mp file does not contain the information you need”

Horst