Choosing Line Types - Shape & Polish Files?

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
boleyd

Post by boleyd » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:05 am

The automatic polygon join works well. However, this was with drawn polygons. Using an appended MP file it did not work. Probably due to more than 3 pixels displacement. I was zoomed out to zooom=1. Would it make sense to have an option to allow the user to set the pixel range? An example of a river with several tributaries could have a polygon for each of the tributaries. Manually aligning the coincident points would be tedious.

I believe that SBuilder is well suited to creating large areas of accurate road and water elements. You can down load an entire USA state of water polygons and use SBuilder to create accurate lakes & rivers. The problem may be that American Data (www.fsgenesis.com) has produced an automatic creating of roads & streams for the USA, Hawaii, and Alaska. Price is $15.00us. The next release is to cover water areas - coasts, rivers, lakes. My point is, while SBuilder serves a wide area well today will it be as popular for this type of work in the future. Or, will it become focused, by the customers, on adjusting elements in a small area to equal reality? If considerable effort is put into making the program work with large areas will that be wasted?

Just some thoughts.

Horst

Post by Horst » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:02 am

Hello,
And I hope, this work is not done, without Luis has profit from this work :) and the wonderful work of Chris Wright and his AutoAsm.

Horst