Additional Point

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
marc

Additional Point

Post by marc » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:06 pm

good day all.

Luis - would you kindly - explain how to add additional points to existing lines or polygons.

i could not find a answer of how to acomplish this.

thanks

marco

bpahe

Post by bpahe » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:53 pm

Hi there!

If I´m not all mistaken:
Select for example the Line Tool. While pressing the "I" key, klick on the place of the line where you want to insert a new point. The same applies for polygons.

Regards

/hans

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:39 pm

Hi,

In addition to Hans answer, there is another undocumented function. As Hans referred to I had to press "I" whith one finger of my left hand while I moved the mouse with the right hand. In order to rest the left hand when you need to insert (or move) a sequence of points, you can press INSERT once. Then mouse clicks will insert or move points. The left hand can rest :-) . There is no visual feedback telling you that you are in this "special and undocumented" mode. To exit this mode you right click or press ESCAPE. There are other modes that can be useful for pens and digitizing tablets;

1) you press R (reverse) once - your next right click is taken as a left click

2) you press and hold Z - left clicking and holding the click and moving upwards and downwords has the same ZOOM function as if you were using the mouse wheel.

3) you press and hold P - left clicking and holding the click and moving the mouse has the same PAN function as if you were pressing the center mouse button.

There are also the 4 directions arrows that you can use while checking a line or polygon.

And you can add an artist touch to your beachline. This is useful, for example in bays, where the beach line should be wider. You can :

a) press and hold "+" (the add key) - then when you click on a point of a line its width will be increased by a factor of 1.5

b) press and hold "-" (the subtract key) - then when you click on a point of a line its width will be decreased by a factor of 1.5

Also 2 more notes:

1) the SCASM files now have comments indicating where the starting of the items. The comment is simply the name of the line or of the poly. It is now easy to pick up in the SCM file the part that refers to a certain item

2) you can now use the Find function (Edit menu) to search by type. This is useful for debuging. In order to know how SBuilder holds types of lines and polygons do an export. Here is an example:

[Poly.45]
Name=Small Lake 34
Type=LWM//Water//22//
Color=16711680
NoOfPoints=6
Lat1= 40.0006866455078
Lon1=-9.90857209078926
Lat2= 40.0391387939453
Lon2=-9.87271800874583
... and so on ...

If you search with the key /22 (or //22// or LWM//Water//22) in this example, the Small Lake will be selected.

I hope this information is useful.

Kind Regards, Luis

marc

Post by marc » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:29 am

thank you - thank you - thank you!

easy peasy and works well

[:D] marco

marc

Post by marc » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:33 am

as we are in discussion - i would like to ask you regarding - moving cursor - at the same time of drawing.

for example - if i draw a big polygon - i need to move on the screen and at the same time keeping drawing.

hot can i accomplish this?? without breaking a line - or a polygon -
can i just keeping drawing and same time - move along on the screen to keep drawing?

thanks
marc

marc

Post by marc » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:39 am

thanks alot!!

it all works well!! mar [8D]

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:58 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by marc</i>
<br />as we are in discussion - i would like to ask you regarding - moving cursor - at the same time of drawing.

for example - if i draw a big polygon - i need to move on the screen and at the same time keeping drawing.

hot can i accomplish this?? without breaking a line - or a polygon -
can i just keeping drawing and same time - move along on the screen to keep drawing?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Marc,

Yes you can. This is something that I implemented in this last version. Consider the full display as being 100% by 100%. When you click the 0 to 10% or the 90% to 100% (top, left, right or bottom) the display gets centered on the clicked point. I use this both in Line and Poly modes. Either when creating a new line/poly or when editing (after pressing the INSERT key).

Regards, Luis