VTP2 Polygon Mass Changes

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
boleyd

VTP2 Polygon Mass Changes

Post by boleyd » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:31 am

Now that I can make all the polygons in a mass selection an elevation of -9999 in one go I need to change all to VTP2 lines in one go to make the shorelines. I have tried the Polygon proceedure with Lines but it does not seem to work. Is there a mass change for VTP2 line polygons? That is - ,ake all polygons vtp2 lines and then make all of these into shorelines in one go.

Horst

Post by Horst » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:45 am

Hi,
I am a user like you!

Are you thinking sometimes about your questions and your suggestions.????

Horst

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:44 am

Hi Dick,

It is not possible to "MAKE LINES" from polygons in one go. The main problem is that polugons need to be joined for the shore to be applied. If the polygons have been joined, then:

0) Save a copy of the ORIGINAL.SBP project.

1) Try to select all the polygons that need a shoreline. Try the FIND tool if you used labels. Or you can use the selecting window. It work in poly mode.

2) Invert the selection and delete everything. You end up with the polygons alone.

3) Export as TEMP.BLN. New Project.

4) Append (or import) the TEMP.BLN and check the "create line around" (something like that). Also define the attributes of the coastine.

5) In Pointer mode select all polygons. Delete ALL. You end up with the coastines. Export as TEMP.SBX (conytains just the coastlines).

6) Open ORIGINAL.SBP. Append TEMP.SBX. Save ORIGINAL.SBP

This is the best you can do. The IMPORT/EXPORT/APPEND functions are very powerful for working with your data.

Regards, Luis

Horst

Post by Horst » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:10 pm

Hello Dick,
I am very sorry, for my post yesterday!!!
(It was not nice)
I did not know, how to delete it, when I saw it later.

Kind regards
Horst