Exclusion problem

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
bpahe

Exclusion problem

Post by bpahe » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:29 am

Hi there!

I´ve run into a problem I cannot figure - when creating an exclusion rectangle with SBuilder, including Roads (L.6), Railroads (L.5) and Coastlines (L.8), all default roads & railroads disappear, like they should. Also the default coast disappears, <b>but also my own coastline</b>! Replace/coexist is set to replace.

My own coastline is laid on Layer 8, and has the Line drawingorder 58 (of 58). The exclusion has Polygon drawingorder 1 (of 81).
Exclude name is Skaane_OEX.BGL, the coastline name is Skaane_KUST_VTPL.BGL. Both files are located in the Scenery-subfolder.

I´ve tried changing the drawingorder, but to no avail...

/hans

vlada stoje

Post by vlada stoje » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:42 pm

Hi Hans,

I can’t remember now, who explained it on the avsim forum. The solution was that the name of the exclusion file has to be before the name of the new vtp element in the alphabetical order. For example try rename your exclusion bgl into some A_...bgl. It seems that FS executes the drawing commands in the same order, as it is reading the data files. First, the textures from the excluded areas and layers are disabled in the previously loaded scenery, and next, the layer is opened again for the textures and the new elements are drawn. I tried it in some experiments with roads and railroads in our country and think that this principle works (hope so)

Cheers

Vlada

bpahe

Post by bpahe » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:09 am

Hi Vlada!

Thanks for the tip! Renamed the file to "aa_myfile" and it works a-okay!

/hans