Erratic Pointer - Show Aircraft

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
boleyd

Erratic Pointer - Show Aircraft

Post by boleyd » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:18 pm

The erratic pointer when Showing Aircraft makes it difficult to place excludes accurately. It also results in unintended new excludes since clicking at the wrong place starts a new box.

Otherwise, all is well and using the program without other complaints.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:49 am

Dick,

I think I understand why you say erratic! You are probably referring to "Show Aircfrat". When this is ticked SBuilder refreshes the display every 1 or 2 seconds (do not remember).

By refreshing the display I mean to clear everything and draw again. Your eyes catch this blank screen just after the clear and may is this what you mean.

Also if you have "Show Aircfrat=ON" and if you pan the screen, you will be re-positioned back to the aircraft position. So your pan only lasts 1 or 2 seconds. Note that "Show Aircfrat=ON" means "center the display around the aircraft position". So I often use this to pick up, inside SBuilder, what is something that I see in FS. Once I locate that, I will turn "Show Aircraft=OFF" to go on with the work.

Regards, Luis

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:48 pm

Luis I tried some other programs that use the aircraft position from FS2004 - SceneGenX and LWMViewer. Neither program shows any flickering or obvious screen refresh cycles. Per haps if you checked every second and if the position values did no change do not do a refresh.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:57 am

Yes,

I can do that. But if you press the center mouse wheel and do a display pan, then when you release the mouse, the display will come back to the aircraft!

I will look at this in the next revision,

Luis