SBuilder Fixes Airport

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
boleyd

SBuilder Fixes Airport

Post by boleyd » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:51 am

The versatility of SBuilder has allowed me to fix several elements on a local airport (KLBE). First a major highway was crossing the airport area. This looked bad because of the flattened area and the landclass texture was airport grass. Using Sbuilder I was able to reposition the FS2004 flatten to permit the road to follow the mesh contours. I was also able to move the aitport background texture so it was no longer beneath the road. Then I added a polygon beneath the road with a skightly different texture to make the are look better.

Then I adjusted the entire flatten under the airpport to conform more to the aitports real outline. I did the same with the texture polygon.

Finally I added a flatten to represent a parking area that was higher than the basic airport elevation. Everything was done with SBuilder and I avoided the cumbersome "traditional" airport scenery programs and the arcane decompiling og BGLs.