Greenhornproblems: A new airport in the ocean

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
mio

Greenhornproblems: A new airport in the ocean

Post by mio » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:45 pm

<font face="Georgia"><b>Hello!</b>
I'm not very good first in scenery design and second in communicating in english, but I will give my best. [xx(]

<b>Situation: </b>
My project is to make a big Airport on a manmade island, like Kansai in Osaka, near Tokyo Bay. <ul><li>(I have loaded a corrected coastline for this region, that also covers the desired place for my Airport. Included are LWM Masks for the coastline, I think. Maybe this could be a errorcause.)</li>
<li>I have builded an Airport with aprons, runways and taxiways in AFCAD 2.21 and put it in a folder, which I activated in FS correctly. This folder, I also use for BGL Files, I produce with SBuilder. </li>
<li>My activated Land Class Folder is <i>Addon Scenery/BASE/scenery</i> without the texture folder of course. The layer is under Addon Airports and over all default scenery.</li>
</ul>

<b>My problems: </b>
<ul><li>I want to place library objects and taxi way signs on the apron, but they don't appear.
<i>{edit 01: The Signs appear now on the apron, in regions where trees are, it doesn't appear. Also some Objets appear, some don't. Oo?????? hangar5 and 6 in Scenery Builder for instance don't show up.}</i>
</li>
<li>I want to build an flat island, there aprons and the rest of the airport could be on top.
Therefore I made land classes on this region, put a watermask on it and finally the Landmask, that represents the outline of the island.
If I export the land classes, everything is an ocean, if I don't, the land class from the nearby Ise Island shows through, as it should, but 1. it's not the class, a airport could be on top of (Trees disturb the traffic. [:D]) 2. the land classes do not cover the whole region, I want to be an island. I read some Topics about that island problem, but I do not have a clue. [:I]</li>
</ul>

I would be really glad, if you could help me.
If you prefer to e-mail me on this problem, send a message to: [url="mailto:mio_kitten@hotmail.com"]mio[/url]
</font id="Georgia">

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:37 am

Hello,

Objects - I will be working on that part of programme in the near future. Note that the list of objects include all the objects that MS refers in one of the SDKs. Some objects are "locked" to a region. This means they can only appear in a certain region. Please see avsim design forum for a recent discussion.

Regarding the island - I normally place landclass tiles and then I place water LWM around the island. Why are you placing land LWM?

May be an image of the probelm would be better ...

Thank you for using Sbuilder,

Luis

ps : I will check the signs!

mio

Post by mio » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:40 pm

<font face="Georgia">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Luis Sá</i>
Some objects are "locked" to a region. This means they can only appear in a certain region. Please see avsim design forum for a recent discussion. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ah, this explains the problem. Thank you, i will go there for more information.
Could you include in the next version of SBuilder, the possibility to include custom models from GMax that you can include now only manually per XML? That would be great. There must only be a place to type in the model or BGL File the Object could be found in. (I don't know now exactly what the Modelmaker output is for that.)
Your Tool is very helpful. I searched a lot for such a scenery editor. *bowing* [:D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Luis Sá</i>
Regarding the island - I normally place landclass tiles and then I place water LWM around the island. Why are you placing land LWM?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
XD The articles i read about that totally confused me. I didn't know really how to do it. Thank you. I will upload an image, if more problems should show up, after doing what you said. Thank you, for explaining it to me more clearly. v.v;

kind regards mio

</font id="Georgia">

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:51 am

Mio,

Thanks for the suggestion about the objects.

Regarding the islands, please also see:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=229

Yellow are LWM=water! What I do is:

- place several landclasses to make the FS to show land
- make the contour of the island with water LWMs

Regards, Luis