VTP Shoreline Put Trees On Airport?

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
boleyd

VTP Shoreline Put Trees On Airport?

Post by boleyd » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:04 pm

I have shoreline placed with LWM at the Ketchikan airport. However, there are trees appearing on the airport tarmac when I use the VTP shore. If I remove the VTP BGL file from the scenery folder the trees disappear. I have tried moving the shore away from the airport and deleting the shore in the vicinity of the airport but trees alaways appear in the wrong places. Only removing the VTP BGL from the active scenery folder fixes the problem???

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:16 am

Hi Dick,

If the generated file terminates in _VTPL.BGL then you have only lines and there is no way for trees to appear ....

If you are generating a _VTPP.BGL then you have one (or more) polygon. The texture for the polygon can have autogen trees. Is that the case?

Your description is insufficient to think of a cause!

Luis

Horst

Post by Horst » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:25 am

Dick,
Think about this:
http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az= ... &mode=full
For default files and their layers and maybe some addon layers (the author is using)!.

I would add:
I try to use the default layers (preparing bigger areas). Smaller Addons (areas), I am installing, will exclude my data.
And do not forget:
You can append LWM and VTP in SB and have a look to the Layers of other bgls (authors) and maybe you can change it. But do not distribute the changed files (it is not your work)!!

Horst

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:14 am

FIXED...

Problem was that the Replace/CoExist switch was checked.

Thanks for the hint.....