Questions and ideas

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Horst

Post by Horst » Wed May 04, 2005 5:42 am

Hello

Quote from Luis:
„I know what you are referring to. However SCASM does not support the FS2004 format for generic buildings.”

I can not understand this, with my knowledge.

Regards
Horst

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed May 04, 2005 9:17 am

Hello Jon and Horst,

Horst - generic buildings existed since I know FS. With FS2000 they become more complex. To get an idea see:

http://www.scasm.de/doc/sca_gobj.htm#abdg

I used quite a lot a program called ASD (Airport and Scenery Designer from Abacus) which had a graphical interface to generate these buildings. You could select the number of floors, the type of building, the dimensions, the textures of the buildings and many other things that would result in the command referred to above.

Jon - Some months ago I thought that I would create a switch to select between SCASM and XLM/ASM/BGLComp. In relation to the final BGL it would be the same. However it would represent a lot of coding to me and I am not very familiar with the XLM/ASM/BGLComp as I am with SCASM. But you are right. If I had that I could switch to XLM/ASM/BGLComp to generate the buildings.

Luis

Gridley

Post by Gridley » Wed May 04, 2005 9:23 am

Jon,

Back to one of the original questions: Combining BGLs - as was stated, different types of bgls cannot be combined, but if you have multiple bgl of the same type of scenery (such as several "roads" bgls) you can simply append all of the VTP bgls to a single project, and recompile...

JonPatch

Post by JonPatch » Wed May 04, 2005 11:57 am

Gotcha, sg, thanks for the tip.

And ya know I like what Luis is saying; particularly for one of the sceneries I'm working on now. I want many separate BGLs to facilitate the interaction with other developers' releases. It looks kinda messy in the scenery folder; I'll have something like 50 1k BGLs! But it will make it easy for other folks.

Jon

Check out my addons: www.jonpatch.ca/flightsim

Horst

Post by Horst » Thu May 05, 2005 5:24 am

Hello,
Thanks Luis.
I know now, you are talking about the normal objects.
Sorry for confusing!!

Regards
Horst