EXLCUDE LWM?

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
bushpilots-chief

EXLCUDE LWM?

Post by bushpilots-chief » Fri May 13, 2005 1:56 pm

Hi Guys,

i'll make my first littel airport in the switzerland. So i'm newbie in scenery design.

My problem is follow. In the region where is my airport, there is available a 3rd party add-on. This add-ons corrected the position of lake's, etc. My airport is located near a lake. The lake from the 3rd Party add-on is a LWM water mask and the have no shoreline.

I will make a little correct this lake and will add shorelines. Must i exclude the 3rd party lake or not?

I'm not sure. I have create a shoreline. When i compile this and start the Sim, i can sea the lake from the 3rd party add-on and my shoreline are not realy visibly. It's shadowy.

My goal was, i create a new lake with shorelines and i want like to disappears the 3rd party lake.

Is this possible?

Should my english not so good, have a little leniency. It's not my primary mother tongue, but i'll give some effort.

Best Regards
Manfred

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri May 13, 2005 7:02 pm

Hi Manfred,

I understand the problem quite well.

You have some choices. You could create a small file just with a wideline (VTP line) with the shore texture. You woud need to give it a layer number at least 8 so that it will cover both the water and land.

However, you should also be able to create a New project and append the LWM BGL file that contains the lake in concern. In this case you have the LWM polygon available from which you can make a line. Then you give some width to the line and you set the shore texture. You can even make corrections to the LWM mask. In the end you get an edited file. If the file is for your own use, I think there is no problem with it.

There is another aproach but I am not sure if it will work. Here are some steps:

1) Start a new project and place a LWM mask of type = land. This LWM should cover all the lake. Compile and make sure that you BGL has an higher priority in the scenery library menu than the other one.

2) Look into the sim to see if the lake has gone.

3) If so, re-open your project and draw you LWM lake, add the VTP shore ...

The drawback with this method is that the flatten of the original lake was not eliminated. If the new lake is larger than the original one, that flatten will be "eliminated" by the flatten of the new one. So there is only a flatten problem if your new lake is smaller than the original one.

Good luck,

Luis