2.05 bug?

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Gridley

2.05 bug?

Post by Gridley » Sat May 14, 2005 2:35 am

Luis,

I've been encountering a problem since upgrading to the latest 2.05 release. The easiest way to describe is with screenshots.

My scenery consists only of LWM polys, Area fills, and VTP shorelines. When I compile with the previous sbzzz.zip exe, this is the result:

After compiling with the latest 2.05 exe (downloaded from AVSIM), this is the result:

You can see that there are frequent occurances where the VTP line has become displaced from the polygons underneath. It seems to occur at compile time, as the line does not appear separated from the polygon in SBuilder's interface. I thought it might have been a result of the previous version SBP not working with 2.05, so I appended the bgls compiled using sbzzz.zip (where the line is attached to the polygon) to a new project in 2.05, compiled, and got the exact same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
sg

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat May 14, 2005 3:13 am

Hi,

There is a parameter that adjusts the shift between VTP (the lines) and LWM (the lakes). See the BGL Settings on the previous version (you say they work OK) and coppy them to the new settings.

Luis

Gridley

Post by Gridley » Sat May 14, 2005 3:19 am

That's not it, I think luis. I have the VTP shift to zero in both cases. Further, the shift is not the same for the whole line - look at the top left of the lower image - notice the vtp moves away from the polygon edge, but then rejoins. Some of the lines are fine, and some parts of some lines are fine, other lines have sections where they've detached...

Thanks!
sg

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat May 14, 2005 5:11 am

Hi,

Could you please send me the EXE that works fine. I do not remember to change that part of the coding but I can check. May be you could isolate ONE polygone and ONE line and save them as a testing project for me to check it out.

Also - the final test is in the SIM. You are using LWMViewer. Also test in TMFViewer and SBuilder itself.

Final note - I never could get a perfect fit between the 2 types of scenery. Therefore, in cases like lake banks, I never used a width smaller than 30 or 35. What is yours?

Luis

Gridley

Post by Gridley » Sat May 14, 2005 5:14 am

The exe was from sbzzz.zip - I have the zip, I'll send it to you. I've looked in the sim - same problem is obvious, that was actually how I caught it the beach was partially out to sea!

I'll try to extract one line/poly pair and see if I have the same issue, then I'll send along both and the exe.

thanks!
sg

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sun May 15, 2005 6:33 am

Hi,

Using the information given by Scott, a problem was detected in the appending of VTP lines with "Remove Hooks" = ON. An update is available as Revision 01.

Regards, Luis

Gridley

Post by Gridley » Sun May 15, 2005 6:39 am

Thanks for the fabulous support, Luis. No other product recieves such rapid expert attention! I am very pleased with SBuilder...

Best,
sg