Another question about mesh & hi-res photo

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
JonPatch

Another question about mesh & hi-res photo

Post by JonPatch » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:34 am

Hi Luis,

As I understand it, I must have a bitmap mesh in SBuilder in order to create hi-res scenery, and you recommend that mesh cover an LOD8 cell. I already have a DEM BGL for the mesh. Does that mean I now need to get the source DEM in some format and then create a bitmap? And then when I create my project in SBuilder do I leave "mesh" unchecked as I don't want to duplicate my existing BGL?

Thanks for your help.

Jon

Check out my addons: www.jonpatch.ca/flightsim

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:50 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JonPatch</i>
<br />
As I understand it, I must have a bitmap mesh in SBuilder in order to create hi-res scenery, and you recommend that mesh cover an LOD8 cell. I already have a DEM BGL for the mesh. Does that mean I now need to get the source DEM in some format and then create a bitmap? And then when I create my project in SBuilder do I leave "mesh" unchecked as I don't want to duplicate my existing BGL?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes. If the DEM BGL was generated with SBuilder, you are OK. If the DEM BGL is a 3rd party you are in trouble (unless you flatten the area). See your email.

Luis