Problem Using Named Textures

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
buzzm

Problem Using Named Textures

Post by buzzm » Mon May 01, 2006 7:48 am

I choose the Named Texture for VTP polys, enter all the season textures, then add them to Assembling. I'm using a set of suburb textures (034b2su4.bmp).

When I look at the area that is using the textures all that shows is the texture pattern on the ground. There is no autogen as in trees or houses. I'm wondering if this file 034B2an4.agn is needed to be included somewhere?

The same thing happens when I choose forest textures, a pattern on the ground appears but no trees.

scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck » Mon May 01, 2006 8:13 am

I suspect you need to supply an autogen file since the poly being made is not being treated as landclass

Jon

buzzm

Post by buzzm » Tue May 02, 2006 7:34 am

Thought so. How do I supply the file? I tried to list it in the poly.txt file but had no idea of where I should type it, whether in front of the other file names or at the end, or even if that is the right method?

scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck » Tue May 02, 2006 11:27 am

Not sure to be honest. There is a FS2004 sdk for Autogen which might offer the answer. Also there are some tools out there to create you own autogen files for custom landclass. I've not really worked with them so far though.

Jon

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed May 03, 2006 2:01 pm

Hello

If you are using textures that "belong" to landclass definitions, why are you using them as "named" textures? If you select a landclass texture definition for a VTP polygon it will get the autogen if the landclass has autogen.

"Custom" (the photo tiles) textures also can have "sister" autogen files with the same basename.

But I do not know if a "named" texture can have autogen. May be the answer is on the SDK docs, but I do not know.

Kind Regards, Luis

buzzm

Post by buzzm » Thu May 04, 2006 12:50 am

Hello,

I tried "named" textures because the texture set 034b2su4.bmp I'm using has been modified to have different nightlighting.

When I use the textures as landclass definitions I loose the custom nightlighting and only see the default. I have solved this prob by not mixing the custom and default textures in the same project.

Basically I've got two projects for the same city, one has all the line vtp's and city/suburb texture vtp's that are default, the other has the modified vtp textures and all other textures that have no nightlights.

This is the only way that I can see the modified night lighting. I was also getting nightlights under my forest textures & this method has solved that too.