Selecting different Seasons to view them...

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
ponyboy

Selecting different Seasons to view them...

Post by ponyboy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:25 am

Hi Luis, If I select View/Maps... and then select one of the seasons or the Night Bmp for example, should I not see all my maps in that project change? I select Night but nothing happens. Or was this feature not ever implemented? Or naybe I am just not doing it correctly?

thx

Clutch

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:46 am

Hi,

If you add one map. Just one bitmap. Then it will appear in all the Seasons. But there is a tab in the Maps properties that allow you to input variations. If you do so, you will see the variations when you change the View.

Luis

ponyboy

Post by ponyboy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:30 pm

Then that is the issue. I have a project with about 50 bmps in it. Of those I have about 10 that also have night textures I created and have assigned them using the Map Properties/Photo Bitmaps tab. They show up when I fist assign them.

When I select Spring I do see a change, but no change if I select Night textures. In order for that to show does EVERY map have to have a night texture assigned?

Whatabout Alpha, will that show just the alpha channel?

thx

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:22 am

Hi

I ma confused. You have 50 bitmaps. That is OK (but you can allways divide to concquer!). Then you will see 50 bitmaps in 50 different locations in Summer time. Then you pick one of these and add a Spring bitmap.

You now change the View season to Spring. 49 bitmaps will show the same thing except the one that has a "prper" spring bitmap.

The same for, alpha, winter, mesh, class, fall, etc

Does this helps?

Luis

ponyboy

Post by ponyboy » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:57 am

Ha! divide and conquer... believe it or not that 50 bmps is part of a larger area of over 500 hi-res bmps! Yikes![:D]

The way you describe sounds just like the way I do:

1. Out of the 50 bmps I choose 1 and click on it to view Map Properties.
2. Under Map Properties I select the Photo Bitmaps tab.
3. I click on the Night button and find my matching night map I have created.
4. I Click on OK and yes, ny night map appears on screen replacing the day map. At least for a moment.
5. I then choose another option such as Photo and SBuilder appears to refresh and my night map turns back to the day map. ( I take it this is normal SBuilder procedure)
6. So all maps are day so I select View/Maps.../Night Bmp. Or I will also select a map first or several and then select to view night maps, but nothing?

I know I have the maps in their correctly as I am compileing and seeing them in FS2004 with no issues. Just would like to see them now that I am working on night textures.

Thx,

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:25 pm

Hi,

When you change Tools I think the "View Season" is set to Summer. There should be a reason for this which I can nt remember anymore.

Regards, Luis