VTPP Problem

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Gregg

VTPP Problem

Post by Gregg » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:48 am

This is the result when I open my ("Emerald Lake") scenery in FSX

If I remove the file Emerald_Lakes_VTPP.BGL from the scenery. I correct the terrain problem but now have the autogen problem...

How can I remove the autogen trees from the airport area?

Gregg

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:28 pm

Hello Gregg,

Looks like the airport elevation and the flatten elevation do not correspond.

You may have to redo your flatten to change the elevation.

Best regards.

Luis

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:26 pm

Hi Gregg.

In FSX, the default terrain.cfg file uses a flatten for all the varieties of "legacy" airport backgrounds... and this means they all are assumed to have a "z" altitude for each poly point. Not finding a "z" in our legacy polys, FSX assigns this as zero meters... hence the hole.

The fix is to use the altered terrain.cfg Luis and I have been promoting. It can be found at AVSIM's file library:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DL ... CatID=root

Dick

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:49 am

Hi Dick and Luis,
Thank you for your lead to the new terrain.cfg. This replacement file repaired 95% of the problem and the rest I can handle internally.

I do appreciate your help and recognise the many hours of work that you and others have done in order to bring about these correction files.

After I have finished some cosmetic changes and probably in a few months when FSX has settled down with the minds of the users, I will upload an "FSX" version of Emerald Lake which will include your new file.
Many thanks....
Gregg

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:41 pm

Thanks very much, Dick. It did not even occur to me that somebody would not have the modified terrain.cfg installed. It is something to keep in mind.

Best regards.

Luis