I do not understand!

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Luis Sa

I do not understand!

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:58 am

Hello,

May be I should not bring here the message below, but I take the occasion to wish all the users of this forum a Merry Christmas!

And because of the message below I will make available in a couple of days the new SBuilder for FSX. It is incomplete and brings no manual.

I am sorry for this,

Luis

<font color="red">Hi!
Although the prog is a freeware i think it would be good to distribute a manual with it,the short helpfile is almost just non.
The tutorials at your site is only in ,well is it portugiese, i think so .Somekind of spanish anyhow!!!!!
and that on the english page.Hmmmmm.Just want to tell you that i will send the crap into the litterbox.And one more thing.I will NEWER,EVER by a product from such a company that can't give full instructions of the progs in english,that is the internationell language if you don't know that, even though many people speek spanish,spanish is no't the international language.So thanks for a good example of how to not provide with good manuals,FAQ or anything that can give some help on using your prog.Keep the crap for your own spanish,portuguese talking friends.I guess that was the porpouse from the beginning.
Bad christmas!!!!</font id="red">

igallacher

Post by igallacher » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:46 pm

Hi Luis

I would strongly urge you to ignore such rantings. Your program is an excellent contribution to FS design and that is the widely held view of the design community. I have a commercial licence for your program and have produced, with a lot of assistance from your help files, a lot of scenery files.
I very much look forward to your new version and also hope that I can use or convert a lot of my previous efforts into scenery for FSX.

Please keep up the good work and enjoy a good Christmas as you deserve it!

Iain
Scotflight Scenery

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:04 pm

Hear, hear Iain.

Luis, many of us decided early on to migrate completely to FSX. However, it has proved very cumbersome, although possible, to create scenery without an updated comprehensive program, like SBuilder. I am using several different programs to re-design the Faroes for FSX, and all the time thinking: if only Luis...

So, Luis, forget about that message - we love SBuilder, with or without a manual.

A merry christmas and a happy new year to one of the great contributors to the community.

Peter

scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:05 pm

I have to agree with Iain and Peter, Luis. From time to time we all get messages like that. In the flight sim community there are unfortunately a few very ignorant and unpleasant people. I wonder if it makes them feel better to belittle the efforts of others. In any case I can only assume that they have no idea of the time effort and dedication which goes into tools like SBuilder, nor any talent themselves.

Also for someone who claims that English is the correct way to go the spelling is dreadful [:)]

As you know I have been fortunate to see some of the development versions of SBX as it comes along and, like SBuilder 2 before it, it is an excellent tool. As someone who is struggling to create utilities for FS9 scenery developers myself I continue to be very impressed with your work.

I would certainly ignore such rantings, although I admit to being thoroughly irritated when I received something similar related to LOM.

Take you time on SBuilder and please do not take this kind of idiot seriously.

I wish you and your family the very best of Christmases, and a happy, safe and prosperous 2007.

Jon
http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk
http://www.fsdeveloper.com

Horst

Post by Horst » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:14 pm

Luis, merry christmas to you and your family

PS:
And to all other forum members!

jsvw2001

Post by jsvw2001 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Hi Luis,

Ignore this person, people like him thrive on your reaction .... just ignore him and that will hurt his ego!

SBuilder is a user-friendly program and intelligent people need a manual to work the program..

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

jsvw2001

Post by jsvw2001 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:02 pm

Hi Luis,

I wanted to edit my post to read "intelligent people DO NOT need a manual to work the program.

Regards
Johan van Wyk

José

Post by José » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:11 pm

Hi, Luis

As the yours, my native language is Portuguese, but I make my better efforts to be present in this forum reading and speaking in English. So, my errors are forgivable. On the other hand, there are so many errors in that bad message that I think the author does not speak English, really, or is an illiterate.

When available, SBuilder for FSX will have a manual, yes. Just read the chapters of FSX SDK related to.

My best wishes of a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to Luis, his friends and all in this forum.

José, from Brasil

J.F.Lôbo

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:38 am

Sounds like the typical "Ugly American" that brings shame upon our country from time-to-time. There was an old movie that illustrated that type of defective personality. In retrospect we need these idiots to show, by contrast, that we are sane. We need this one to remind us of the good work you do on our behalf.

Do not ignore him, and do not forget him, but instead use him, and his kind, to show just how much better the vast majority of the community is. This poor soul may be on some drug, drunk with pre-Christmas spirit, or may have just been beaten by his wife. Perhaps it deserves our pity and not our scorn[B)]

Dick Boley near 5G8

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:32 pm

On the contrary, it seems clear that the SBuilder help file is one of the best and most comprehensive that I have ever seen, certainly the best of any free program in our FS world.

Plus there are a slew of tutorials floating around by very knowledgeable users like Jon and Scott.

It is unfortunate that Luis should have been subjected to such rantings - a sad fact of life in the internet age that there is no way to prevent bad-natured people from contacting us.

The new SBuilder will be a very pleasant surprise to all, as usual. It makes creating the new vector scenery very easy. Even without a manual.

Best regards.

Luis

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:15 pm

Hi Luis.

I'm so sorry you got such a terrible message. This has also happened to me, and I know the anger and frustration such a message will bring. I know you have been working on not only SBuilder, but have learned VB.net in order to bring this to us... and you have done it for free. This is a very fine and loving gesture on your part. And we all thank you for this!

Whatever your decision on the future of SBuilder, we all support you and are proud to have you for our friend. Have a good Christmas, and some well-deserved rest. :)

Dick

Alan McGaughey

Post by Alan McGaughey » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:01 pm

Hi Luis,

I'd just like to add my agreement with everyone here, there are many cranks in the FS world, I think they are put there to balance out the scales against all the enormously generous people like your good self and many others who give of their talents and time freely and with no charge, several have already posted here, you know who you are [;)]

I haven't had much experience of this myself except once I made a small scenery of Nice harbour in France with Ground2k before I discovered SBuilder, despite 1000's of downloads the only e-mail I got was from someone who simply condemned me for doing it because it had already been done by someone else, well, you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time, before anyone tells me....yes I know that's been said before by someone else [;)][:D]

You must ignore this type of half-witted ranting, it is purely designed to wind you up, you know Luis that the people who matter will take your wonderful work most eagerly wether it has instructions or not and populate the FS world with great scenery for the use of all.... including the dummys who can't be bothered to post a question on the very informative and helpful PTSim Forums.

I suppose there's one good thing to come out of this, we might be getting a look at your great new program a little earlier than we were going to [:D], but seriously though, keep up the good work Luis, 99.999% of the world absolutely loves what you do for us.... cheers [:D]

meshman

Post by meshman » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:13 am

Greeting Luis,

You may remember me from your vacation, as I was the one who had misplaced his registration for Sbuilder and for your assistance I wished you well from the Left Coast of the US,

I am saddened to see you receive such a message, especially at this wonderful time of the year. But I try not to forget that there is a reason for the season. And I hope you find the wisdom to forgive the person who has brought this forth unto you. And I hope you do what is best, for you. You have already given much to the Flight Sim community, we shouldn't ask for more. But should you desire to give, please know that there are many who are grateful for your generosity. Just sometimes we don't take the time to tell you.

The very best wishes to you and your loved ones, from the Left Coast of the US.

Lance

fredz

Post by fredz » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:06 pm

Luis, I can only echo the comments of all the others. Do not take comments like you received seriously. Judging by the spelling and grammer, I am not sure English is that person's native language! I am, for the second or third time,[:)], re-learning SBuilder. I don't do enough scenery to stay current but I find that it is the easiest that I have used to date. Between your manual and the tutorials available on line, all I have to do is READ and play a little! I have no intention to upgrade to FSX - too much hardware investment required and not enough money [:D], so I will continue to use the current version. Thank you for all the time and work that you have put into SBuilder and to you and all who read this, Have A Happy Holiday Season and a fantastic 2007!
Later,
Fred Z

Fred Zealor
ICAS Air Show Announcer

blackigly

Post by blackigly » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:55 am

Greetings, Luis!
I and many my friends in Russia successfully use your fine program for construction of scenery for FS9.
Thank you for the fine program!
Do not pay attention to idiots!

P.S. I am not familiar with the English and Portuguese language, but it has not prevented to master and use your program!:)

Yours faithfully, Igor, àêà Desperado on avsim.ru