SBuilder for FSX

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
José

Post by José » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi, Andrew

Regarding coordinates format, I prefer the decimal, with 12 houses after comma. I can capture those values with th tool TCalcX.

That format give more precision when I want to locate an object. For exclusion retangles, it's not required.

Regards,

José

J.F.Lôbo

JPHespanha

Post by JPHespanha » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:07 pm

Viva!
Ao criador do SBuilderX, Luis Sá:

Estive ausente no último mês, devido a uma época de intenso trabalho, mas gostaria de retomar, usando o último Build disponível para o SBuilderX. O Luis poderia me fornecer o Link para download?

Ao José Lobo e Luis Féliz-Tirado:

Agradeço todas as contribuições recebidas (tutoriais, dicussões em fórum, etc.) e convido-os a acompanharem o desenvolvimento do cenário do Paraná (Land Class para FSX) no site do Terra Brasilis. Ele usará o SBuilderX para os elementos VTP, e em adição, um conjunto de novas texturas de Land Class.

For the non-Portuguese readers:

I intend to use (and document) the newest version of SBuilder, together with other applications, in the production of a FSX scenery for the Brazilian state of Paraná. This will cover VTP elements and Land Class Textures, this last ones produced on a VOZ-style basis.
The scenery will be produced under a cooperative effort and it will be Freeware. The "home base" for this development will be the Terra Brasilis site; however most of the contents there are in Portuguese, there is a non-Portuguese section of the Forum which can be used to encourage foreign participants.

Kind Regards,
Bem Haja a Todos!

JPHespanha
[url]http:/www.terra-brasilis.org/[/url]

JP Hespanha
---------------------
NBL3007; IVAO: 117151

JoeW

Post by JoeW » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:13 am

Luis...
I trashed the currant copy I had and I'm I'm getting an error. Where can I find the latest version that I can download?

I tried to post the error screen shot and I get an error every time.
Thanks
Joe W.

TFLeonard

Post by TFLeonard » Mon May 21, 2007 10:13 pm

I'm still trying to sort out island creating with sbuilder, and ran into some problems. Here are the steps I'm doing in sbuilder which should be easy enough for anyone to follow:

1. Create a small polygon to exclude all water within a QMID 11 grid
2. Create a new polygon in a clockwise direction that is slightly larger than the QMID 11 from above and tag it as a hydro polygon Ocean non-periennial.
3. Create a smaller polygon within the polygon in step 2 in a counter-clockwise direction to serve as hole for the step 2 polygon.

I'm unable to complete step 3. When I right-click on the Polyogn hole and select "Set as hole..." it then has a cursor tool tip that says "Click to Select Parent Poly", I click on the hydro polygon and it never seems to take.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. As a future option in sbuilder FSX, it would be great to be able to select the parent polygon for holes from a list of polygons in the project, that way it wouldn't be so difficult.

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Tue May 22, 2007 12:45 am

I also have problems with making a hole.

What I do is just make polys for the water that overlap, and forget the idea of holes.

This way you exclude the qmid11 water, make overlapping water polys, make an appropriate landclass and waterclass for the island.

Dick

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Tue May 22, 2007 8:22 am

G'gay Guys,

When you go to select the parent water poly I found I must highlight the poly button on the task bar before it will work. Have you tried this?

Cheers,

Ross

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Tue May 22, 2007 10:43 am

Hi Ross.

Thanks, that's the way. :)

Dick

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Tue May 22, 2007 10:54 am

No worries Dick,

Had me stumped for a while too. Still trying to work out how to exclude Helo pads.

Cheers,

Ross

TFLeonard

Post by TFLeonard » Tue May 22, 2007 9:12 pm

Thanks Ross, it worked for me. Can't say it's all that intuitive, how'd you figure that one out?

Rossco

Post by Rossco » Wed May 23, 2007 8:09 am

Bit of a guess from memory, although if you want to edit either lines or poly's (insert, delete or break points) you need to highlight the respective button beforehand so it may have come from that.

Cheers,

Ross

Erik Schmidt Andersen

Post by Erik Schmidt Andersen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:09 am

[quote]<i>Mensagem original de Luis Sa</i>
<br />Hello,

These are the initial checks that SBX performs regarding FSX existence:

Code: Select all

Private Sub CheckFS10()

Dim C As String

FSXExists = False
        FSPath = ""
        FSPath = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0", "SetupPath", Nothing)
        If FSPath = "" Then
            MsgBox("FSX could not be found in this computer!", 16, AppTitle)
        Else
            FSTextureFolder = FSPath & "\Scenery\World\Texture\"
            If Not My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(FSPath & "terrain.cfg") Then
                C = "The Windows Registry indicates that FSX is in the folder:" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf
                C = C & FSPath & vbCrLf & vbCrLf
                C = C & "but SBuilder could not find it there!"
                MsgBox(C, 16, AppTitle)
            Else
                FSXExists = True
            End If
        End If

End Sub

Private Sub CheckFSXTools()

Dim B, C As String
        Dim ToolsFolder As String

ToolsFolder = AppPath & "\Tools\"
        FSXTools = False
        If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(ToolsFolder & "shp2vec.exe") _
         And My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(ToolsFolder & "resample.exe") _
         And My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(ToolsFolder & "imagetool.exe") Then
            FSXTools = True
            SDKPath = ""
            SDKPath = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X SDK", "SetupPath", Nothing)
            If SDKPath <> "" Then
                SDKPath = SDKPath & "\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK\"
            End If
            Exit Sub
        End If

SDKPath = ""
        SDKPath = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X SDK", "SetupPath", Nothing)
        If SDKPath = "" Then
            C = "ImageTool, Shp2Vec and Resample do not exist in the ..\SBuilder\Tools folder and"
            C = C & vbCrLf & "the Terrain SDK could not be found in this computer! Some BGL files can not be generated!"
            MsgBox(C, 16, AppTitle)
        Else
            SDKPath = SDKPath & "\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK\"
            If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(SDKPath & "shp2vec.exe") _
            And My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(SDKPath & "resample.exe") _
            And My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(SDKPath & "imagetool.exe") Then
                B = SDKPath & "shp2vec.exe"
                C = ToolsFolder & "shp2vec.exe"
                File.Copy(B, C, True)
                B = SDKPath & "resample.exe"
                C = ToolsFolder & "resample.exe"
                File.Copy(B, C, True)
                B = SDKPath & "imagetool.exe"
                C = ToolsFolder & "imagetool.exe"
                File.Copy(B, C, True)
                FSXTools = True
            Else
                C = "Shp2Vec, ImageTool and Resample do not exist in the ..\SBuilder\Tools folder and"
                C = C & vbCrLf & "the Terrain SDK could not be found in this computer! Some BGL files can not be generated!"
                MsgBox(C, 16, AppTitle)
            End If
        End If

End Sub
I hope this can reveal the cause of your problem.

Regards, Luis
[/quote

We have looked in the registration database for the registration of FSX. However on this computer FSX is not registered in the path that Sbuilderx is looking in(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X SDK). -So we cannot get Sbuilderx to function on this computer. ???

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:13 pm

Hello,

If you have installed FS properly that entry in the register should contain the path to the location where FS exists. Did you move FS manually from one folder to another?

I think that the best solution is to create that entry in the registry and put there the loaction where your FS installation really exists!

Kind Regards,

Luis