Calibrating Maps

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
scubakobe

Calibrating Maps

Post by scubakobe » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi all,

This is probably 10th time trying to create photo-scenery with Sbuilder and once again has proven to be unsuccessful so far.

My problem comes in when I try to calibrate the map. Everything should work correctly when I type in the coordinates, right? Nope. I type in the North, South, West, East boundary information (I know they are correct because i tested it in Google Earth) and then clicked OK.

The map then disappears and is nowhere to be seen.

It has done this every single time I have attempted to use Sbuilder for photoscenery.

I can almost guarantee once this is fixed (if it does get fixed) that my next problem will arise when I try to calibrate it with 2 points.
My error message will most likely say:

"Check Y pixel values"

Before that problem though, I need to figure out why the map disappears once I calibrate it via boundaries!

Thanks,
Kobbe

José

Post by José » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:00 am

I suppose your map didn't disapear, but you are opening Sbuilder in a region and calibrating a map to another region, somehow distant from where you are.

Try to zoom out and you will see your map (a little one). Re-center Sbuilder and zoom in.

You could modify Sbuilder.ini to open SBuilder in the region covered by your map or more near to.

In my Sbuilder.ini:

LatLandCenter=-4.1103347
LonLandCenter=-38.2173157

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

José

J.F.Lôbo

scubakobe

Post by scubakobe » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:34 am

No, checked the Sbuilder.ini file and it's coordinates is dead on with my map.

I zoom out and it's no where to be seen.

It's been doing this over and over.

I haven't entered the CellXDimensionDeg or CellY stuff, could that be the problem?
If so, how do I specify that? I have no clue where or how to get that information.

Thanks Jose,
kobbe

scubakobe

Post by scubakobe » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:04 am

Alright, I solved the problem.

The coordinates that Sbuilder suggested I use were NOT COMPATIBLE.

Hmmf.. I wish I would have known that a long time ago!

Thanks for the help though, I got things sorted out. [:)]