Error when trying to make Hi res Photo

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
austin5string

Error when trying to make Hi res Photo

Post by austin5string » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Greetings,

I'm a complete beginner at scenery design, although I've been flying FS for a long time. I have a question about the Hi Res Photo Scenery. I have a bmp that I have successfully used to compile regular photo scenery, but the resolution is very bad. When I try to compile Hi Res, however, SBuilder crashes on me. I'm having trouble figuring out what is causing this.

My questions - does anyone know what might cause this, and also, is it possible to make the normal VST scenery look better? What resolution of bmp files should I have for creating the scenery?

Thank you in advance for any help.

~John

José

Post by José » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi,

I would suggest you to search this forum with "hi resolution" and maybe you find what you´re looking for.

Regards,

José

J.F.Lôbo

austin5string

Post by austin5string » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:37 am

Thank you, Jose. I searched and read thru many threads, but didn't see any posts about the program crashing. Again, the normal textures compiled fine, but when I try to compile and select to generate the Hi Res, the program crashes on me and does not generate any textures or bgl files. Any further help is greatly appreciated.

José

Post by José » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:20 am

Hi, John

Myself, I never made hi-Res photo-texture, but only vtp textures, at 4.8 m/px resolution, that's the only FS9 reads.

Hi-Res is not the same: it requires the terrain be a horizontal plan and so it's only indicated to little areas, in airports boundaries.

In FSX, the textures resolution changed and it's more easy to make better textures directly, but I think it's better your image be in Tiff format or converted to.

Try in a little área and watch if there's any problem related do flatten.

Thanks,

José

J.F.Lôbo