Installation Problems

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
DoubleBounce

Installation Problems

Post by DoubleBounce » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:38 pm

I have been trying for several days to get Sbuilder up and running and cannot overcome the following errors.

Let me start by saying that I have registered the program.
I am running XP with 1G installed at 2.2mh

1: Every time I try to go from 5 to 6 I get the dreaded "runtime 9" error. I have tried everything that I could think of and every suggestion that I could find on the forum and I still get the error.

2: I have never been able to get the Sbuilder.chm file to open. Every time I try I get: Navigation to the webpage was canceled

What is there in v6 that is worth the trouble?
I really need the Sbuilder Help File. It will not open from within the program.

I really need the help here.

~~ Dale ~~
I'm too old to do this
but I'm having too much fun to quit.

scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:25 pm

If you check on my website www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk in the tutorials section there is a tutorial on getting SBuilder working.

I can't remember the issue with the help file not opening from the program but you should be able to open it from the installation folder

Jon
http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk
http://www.fsdeveloper.com

DoubleBounce

Post by DoubleBounce » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:03 pm

Jon,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have downloaded your tutorials and they are the reason I want to get Sbuilder working.

I have followed Jay's instructions and everything works right up to installing v6.

I cannot open the help file in any version either from the program ( gives no response) or from the folder where I get the error message.

Here is hopping that someone in the group has an answer.

~~ Dale ~~
I'm too old to do this

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:29 pm

Hello,

The help file (.chm) can be read just by clicking twice on it from Windows Explorer. In order to get to it from within SBuilder you need to move it to the right folder. I do not remember now but I think that SBuilder expects it inside a folder called HTML.

Regards, Luis

DoubleBounce

Post by DoubleBounce » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:09 pm

Thanks Luis, that worked.

Do you have any idea why I keep getting the "Runtime 9 Error" when I try to upgrade from version 5, which is working, to version 6.

~~ Dale ~~
I'm too old to do this